SV press release

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Sounds good, although im not so much for a new continent, its hard to find PvP unless u search at peak hours, most of the day theres little to nothing and thats bad in regards to population and if theres low pop on current continent then a new one aswell ? 2 dead continents filled with ghosts isnt better than 1 being 50% populated imho.

I would atleast first tried to stretch Myrland to become bigger with abit more stuff.

I mean we still have dungeons emty, sites locked and lots of things missing from Myrland already. Not to start to going on about the current secrets and ofc the one time mobs not being solved yet(dragon, testie tuck, geeredh, gray halls, Malturn, Risar)

Aezreal

Arena Champion
Remember the last engine update? yeah...... this is gonna hurt.

I have been hearing from others in game that this new engine update would actually cause players with lower end PC and Laptops (Yeah I'm broke) to have a harder time running the game, but according to this info the game might actually run smoother for us lower end peoples?

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Remember the last engine update? yeah...... this is gonna hurt.
This is not the same thing for several reasons.
Mainly, this is a client engine upgrade ONLY. The server structure is the same.
Also, I'm real fing good at coding Mortal Online by now. I know this engine better then anything else.
Before.. I knew stuff but after 3(?) more years I know so much more and the better you know the engine the faster and smoother a merge like this will be.

Also if a single thing goes wrong with the upgrade, people with take this very post and quote it and I will look like an idiot.

Aezreal

Arena Champion
If you know so much about it why do we still have so many bugs that disrupt gameplay every 10 minutes?
No hablo le programming, but sounds like coding issues to me.

Meybe

nasko

nice nice
but how far is TC patch?

Dovahkiin

Bring back decent blocking

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
If you know so much about it why do we still have so many bugs that disrupt gameplay every 10 minutes?
No hablo le programming, but sounds like coding issues to me.

Meybe
Because I am a programmer and not a magician.
I'm still limited by time and space like a normal person, doesn't matter how good I know the engine.
I fix what I can as fast as I can.

Because I am a programmer and not a magician.
I'm still limited by time and space like a normal person, doesn't matter how good I know the engine.
I fix what I can as fast as I can.
Do you think you could address the basics, the kind of bugs that would not last in another other game more then a few days that have been here for years?

Aezreal

Arena Champion
Then it's probably a good idea to focus that time in fixing those bugs instead of creating new ones.
It should be pretty quick based on your engine knowledge.

As a "new" player returned i could tell you 10 things(bugs) that would make this game 10 times more enjoyable to play, but im sure you already know them maybe just not know the impact and priority they should hold.

let me know.

kranick

Then it's probably a good idea to focus that time in fixing those bugs instead of creating new ones.
It should be pretty quick based on your engine knowledge.
STFU pls

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
As a "new" player returned i could tell you 10 things(bugs) that would make this game 10 times more enjoyable to play, but im sure you already know them maybe just not know the impact and priority they should hold.

let me know.
We always try to fix bugs that are "bad" from a gameplay standpoint instead of bugs that LOOK bad for the player.
But yes, I have a list right now that is aimed at fixing the bugs that most player hit during their first days.
Feel free to PM me your list of 10 bugs from a new players point of view and I can see if we missed something.

Zergi

We always try to fix bugs that are "bad" from a gameplay standpoint instead of bugs that LOOK bad for the player.
But yes, I have a list right now that is aimed at fixing the bugs that most player hit during their first days.
Feel free to PM me your list of 10 bugs from a new players point of view and I can see if we missed something.
how many bugs does that list count ;)

Dovahkiin

Don't ignore me.

Status
Not open for further replies.