SV remove Tower at Guardzone's

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant make it impossible to put towers in a GZ because then you can not build a tower by a magistrates building and capture the town. Until they find a work around for that this is really a moot discussion from the remove towers from GZ side.

However if they remove the guards chat command then you cant spam guards. i like this idea, plus it is probably the easiest work around. Along with making it so that guard zones dont extend beyond a town and that guards can not leave the guardzone. Then if the tower by the magistrates house is built 5 feet from the GZ problem solved.

Trismagi

You cant make it impossible to put towers in a GZ because then you can not build a tower by a magistrates building and capture the town. Until they find a work around for that this is really a moot discussion from the remove towers from GZ side.

However if they remove the guards chat command then you cant spam guards. i like this idea, plus it is probably the easiest work around. Along with making it so that guard zones dont extend beyond a town and that guards can not leave the guardzone. Then if the tower by the magistrates house is built 5 feet from the GZ problem solved.
there would have to be some sort of happy medium here cause straight up removing the ability to call guards would make it way to easy to grief a town.

there would have to be some sort of happy medium here cause straight up removing the ability to call guards would make it way to easy to grief a town.
You can't call guards on a griefer anyway as they are the blue blockers and that type. If you mean that the red pkers would have an easier time in the timdrem garden then youre wrong in my opinion. They already have a really easy time of it and it can't really get much easier. Anyways I've expressed my opinion on the garden in other more appropriate threads.

Trismagi

You can't call guards on a griefer anyway as they are the blue blockers and that type. If you mean that the red pkers would have an easier time in the timdrem garden then youre wrong in my opinion. They already have a really easy time of it and it can't really get much easier. Anyways I've expressed my opinion on the garden in other more appropriate threads.
nope don't think I've ever been there...was pretty much talking about every town besides tindrem.
guards r too stupid in general too easy to pull them for both attacker and defender.

guard leash yes but id like to see them just smarter.

Strilan

Exalted Member
SV, bring back the old Guard mechanics. Make TC worth something. Make it so that when a guild WANTS to take a fucking keep, THEY CAN. You shouldn't need a 30 man zerg to do anything in this game, that's ridiculous. The population just doesn't support variety of that kind.

You need so many people to do anything in this game that you can't even go out to PvP anymore, all you see is:

Zergs! Zergs, EVERYWHERE!

*waiting for disagrees*

Incarnadine

Ignored most the posts, read OP, few others and skipped to back.

/signed

Until tower hitboxes aren't so terribad that people can screw the hitbox up completely, these sorts of things are beyond silly.

And guilds trying to use it... seriously? Why have towers you can't defend yourself?

Incarnadine

Make guards ignore anything outside the town proximity unless they are hit (And returning soon as target is dead)... Easy fix

Trismagi

Make guards ignore anything outside the town proximity unless they are hit (And returning soon as target is dead)... Easy fix
to be honest most of the ideas in this thread for fixes are just really bad. Its fine to not like a mechanic but to just whine about a fix without thinking about a way to provide constructive critisism is just useless.

If guards ignored everything outside of guardzone then groups of reds could sit on the gaurdzone line and kill everything that moves in town with no penalty.

fixing hit boxes on tc towers is the best fix I've heard so far IMO.

Possibly guards not lingering so far outside gaurdzone when pulled. When they de-aggro they should hussle back to the point they left guardzone a little faster. But this isn't going to do anything for the people complaining about getting guards called on them when trying to take down a guardzone tower, infact it would prob make that situation worse cause the guards would always be back in the area to be called again.

So besides fixing tc tower hitbox I dont really have a better suggestion. I encourage ppl to post good suggestions but ffs think it through first before posting retarded ideas.

and strillan....I didn't know anyone that actually wanted a keep had a hard time aquiring one. Omni just bought one, ID bought a second one...I mean...can't your guild farm up 5k gold or pure incompetent?

Strilan

Exalted Member
to be honest most of the ideas in this thread for fixes are just really bad. Its fine to not like a mechanic but to just whine about a fix without thinking about a way to provide constructive critisism is just useless.

If guards ignored everything outside of guardzone then groups of reds could sit on the gaurdzone line and kill everything that moves in town with no penalty.

fixing hit boxes on tc towers is the best fix I've heard so far IMO.

Possibly guards not lingering so far outside gaurdzone when pulled. When they de-aggro they should hussle back to the point they left guardzone a little faster. But this isn't going to do anything for the people complaining about getting guards called on them when trying to take down a guardzone tower, infact it would prob make that situation worse cause the guards would always be back in the area to be called again.

So besides fixing tc tower hitbox I dont really have a better suggestion. I encourage ppl to post good suggestions but ffs think it through first before posting retarded ideas.

and strillan....I didn't know anyone that actually wanted a keep had a hard time aquiring one. Omni just bought one, ID bought a second one...I mean...can't your guild farm up 5k gold or pure incompetent?
Woooooooow that's a fucked up statement. Wasn't even necessary.

I could come and talk outta my ass like you did about your guild's capabilities as well, but I'm not even gonna stoop to that level, bro.

Good talk, though. Glad we had it.

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
Pretty sure he meant taking it over not buying one.
It does take a lot of time and players to take keep down.

Strilan

Exalted Member
Pretty sure he mean taking it over not buying one
It does take lots of time and players to take keep down
You seem to understand what I'm talking about, but it is what it is. Some folks just can't be spoken to, so I didn't even bother to explain.

Mauzi

Status King
So the problem is the bugged hitboxes, not the game mechanics.
Bugged hitboxes are exploitable game mechanics and as per the game rules using a bug to your benefit is bannable exploiting, especially since there's already a rule that luring NPCs away is illegal which gets done in addition to the hitbox exploit to "benefit" the most from the guards abuse

Infact I not long ago made a thread about this same issue of placing towers close to the guardzone, asking for the ruleset. The discussion was rather indepth and clearly resulted in the majority of the playerbase agreeing that using guards to protect assets is stupid and should be left to players alone. Funny enough SV never cared to reply in that thread - making it look like they appreciate abusing all the game bugs that are not explicitly disallowed by an announcement post despite their being a general anti-bug-abuse-rule already that doesn't get applied ever.

Also this kind of tower placement prevents red characters from joining the guildwar despite being far outside of guarded area.

Thread starter #54

Atha

Good post Mauzi and yes what say SV about that?

Strilan

Exalted Member
Thread starter #59

Atha

The issue with the hitboxes around towers/placeables have been fixed in the upcoming patch.
Nice one but why just block to place Towers very close infront of the GZ i mean the range should be enough to place it far away or not?

Strilan

Exalted Member
Status
Not open for further replies.