Territory Control idea - Feedback wanted

Should territory owners be able to blacklist whole guilds and Alert Towers reporting them?

• Yes

Votes: 59 76.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 23.4%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Hello again!

As most of you probably know we are working on more TC/Siege revamps, and one of the ideas that we think could be interesting will be presented
to vote for here.

The idea:

Keep owning guild will be able to blacklist whole guilds from their territory using the blacklist system, and in addition to that Alert Towers will also
alert the territory owning guild when blacklisted players are spotted.
This will of course come with a cost to balance and regulate it.

Why:

It would give more meaning to owning a territory and actually have control over it.

Please vote and discuss!

*Make sure to keep the discussion on topic, other suggestions in forms of "It's better if you do this and this, and change this" are better posted in their own suggestion threads*

Last edited:
Great Idea! should probably also fix the tc towers though since you can build them in unsiegeable spots

MolagAmur

What all does "blacklisting" involve? Can they be killed without given murder counts? Are they always local grey? If in a town guards will attack them?

If thats the case...my vote is no. Its never any fun to have large guilds punish small guilds even more by blacklisting them from a town.

So I know when an actual weapon is placed, not after it's built

gotcher

Not what I would do, but anything that makes TC more than a glorified guild priest is a good change.

Thread starter #7

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
What all does "blacklisting" involve? Can they be killed without given murder counts? Are they always local grey? If in a town guards will attack them?

If thats the case...my vote is no. Its never any fun to have large guilds punish small guilds even more by blacklisting them from a town.
It would yes, It makes everyone blacklisted go grey as they are considered criminals in the territory by the owners.

MolagAmur

It would yes, It makes everyone blacklisted go grey as they are considered criminals in the territory by the owners.
I am okay with that 100%. Just not blacklisting from towns. It wouldn't affect me personally, but it will just punish small guilds/new guilds even more. I understand there is individual blacklisting currently right? Im okay with that...just not entire guilds.

Teknique

Love it

Hello again!

As most of you probably know we are working on more TC/Siege revamps, and one of the ideas that we think could be interesting will be presented
to vote for here.

The idea:

Keep owning guild will be able to blacklist whole guilds from their territory using the blacklist system, and in addition to that Alert Towers will also
alert the territory owning guild when blacklisted players are spotted.
This will of course come with a cost to balance and regulate it.

Why:

It would give more meaning to owning a territory and actually have control over it.

Please vote and discuss!

*Make sure to keep the discussion on topic, other suggestions in forms of "It's better if you do this and this, and change this" are better posted in their own suggestion threads*
Perhaps you could explain a bit more about the WHY. I wonder what meaning you guys see derived by this. I see control, power, I don't really see the meaning. I'm curious.

I like some aspects of the idea. Guilds that control a region would not go red for defending their territory.

Also, did you consider entire guilds as well as their allies/alliances?

Teknique

Perhaps you could explain a bit more about the WHY. I wonder what meaning you guys see derived by this. I see control, power, I don't really see the meaning. I'm curious.

I like some aspects of the idea. Guilds that control a region would not go red for defending their territory.

Also, did you consider entire guilds as well as their allies/alliances?
Some of the most interesting thing about wardecs was that they pinged enemies. NPCS that passively find enemies = a lot of shwing in the pants.

Eldarwen

Hand of the Emperor
Local Grey sounds kinda cool lets the player use the town but he can get attacked at all times on his own risk.

oykd

fix guards please they shoud cost more more more and respawn shoud be like 30min or smth

Local Grey sounds kinda cool lets the player use the town but he can get attacked at all times on his own risk.
All for this option as the local npc guards won't interfere, which gives the "enemy" a better chance to defend themselves thus promoting some good pvp

Thread starter #18

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Local grey idea is something that we dont have support for on a guild level right now, but if thats what we want Seb needs to get on it, right? :)

MolagAmur

Local grey idea is something that we dont have support for on a guild level right now, but if thats we want Seb needs to get on it, right? :)
Something to think about with that, is what if there is a fight near the border of the territory, and it moves outside of the radius? Are they still going to be local grey? Only if hit? For how long? etc