The Archaeology of Myrland

So it's settled. We all chose our own sacrifice and meet at the separate locations at midnight on the full moon.

I'll bring Necromantic.
I'm an official priestess of Dagon. I'll bring my dagger.

Thread starter #22
Quoting this because it's relevant and useful info:

there are also a series of stone 'altars' around the world. one in each type of land. they are all the exact same. each one has some kind of creatures spawn around it.

not really 'hidden' but all together they might make something more than the sum of their parts.

Thread starter #23
The river upstream of the stone bridge butts directly up against a sheer cliff wall. A small bridge could probably have been linked up to the calx rock at the top of the waterfall by the cliff wall, but creating a bridge as wide as that would not be possible.
Yeah, thanks. I was looking at the picture when it occured to me, I forgot about the cliff wall.

Keeping in mind the old UO Easter Eggs I wonder if saying Ohm three times at these locations would do anything....
There is a possibility that things like this will happen in game. They "tested" this in beta. For instance with a snail that made a squishy sound when you mouse clicked it on the log in screen. After squishing it for ages it would suddenly explode. Or if you targeted your horse and typed "/lookatmyhorse" you would get the message back "Your horse is amazing."

You missed a couple of Towers; there is one overlooking the entrance into Gaul'Kour. There is one overlooking the sunken Isles, and one in the actual Sunken Isles.
Where can we find the dungeon we must defeat in order to move the world's question forward. I've heard rumor that it's near a tower. Would it happen to be one of those?

Rathius

Where can we find the dungeon we must defeat in order to move the world's question forward. I've heard rumor that it's near a tower. Would it happen to be one of those?
Uhm, maybe if you told everything of this rumor we could find it.

Uhm, maybe if you told everything of this rumor we could find it.
This is really all I know:

great.

btw, i think i am going to cedar pt on saturday b/c pam's sister wants to go then. would you rather...
a) go then and go again when joy gets here, or
b) wait till joy gets here and use my ticket for her

?
Furthermore, the following thread has many clues as to where we might begin searching: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/48811-hidden-content.html

Shinzon

Honored Member
The Risar Dungeon has a chieftain; who drops a Ruby, if anything that Ruby has some sort of connection to the Nerub'Madgulu tower due to the lore that has been released, and to an extent it does make sense. At the very least I would believe that the ruby is somehow related to the multiple locked doors around the area.

Rathius

Campana, I take back what I said about the stone huts. I have taken a closer look at them. I still wouldn't call them huts, but I certainly see the square, almost brick-like, hewn stone pattern here that could indicate some sort of structure.

Due to their proximity of the tower next to the lake, I would say say they certainly were houses of maybe a village or outpost. Or maybe just random houses and the tower was the outpost watching over them.

Denaton

Dont forget that "Arena lookalike" out side Meduli...

Thread starter #33
There is also a watchtower (although it is greyish, not yellowish) on the end of the pier in meduli that is the same hexagonal structure.
Yes, I think that's the pattern for the ruined ones. I'll add some screenshots.

Campana, I take back what I said about the stone huts. I have taken a closer look at them. I still wouldn't call them huts, but I certainly see the square, almost brick-like, hewn stone pattern here that could indicate some sort of structure.

Due to their proximity of the tower next to the lake, I would say say they certainly were houses of maybe a village or outpost. Or maybe just random houses and the tower was the outpost watching over them.
:D

Well, the thing is they are found everywhere. They are around Gaul'Kor, in the sunken isles, around Amaruk Nuur, in the valleys behind Vadda. I haven't noticed any correlation in their distribution and those of the Saburra towers. However, I'm working on plotting them on a map so it might become clearer then. They do seem to be small villages or hamlets, as there is usually more than one in an area.

Because they are much more ruined than the towers I think they are much older (if they do have a provenance other than decoration). The towers are probably only decades old, abandoned at the time of the Conflux. Whereas I think the stone ring foundations are more like hundreds of years old.

I did think they could have been dwellings similar to the khurite huts - a stone platform with a hide tent over the top. But they tend to be two or three platforms conjoined in a line, whereas the Khurite huts always stand separate, and are arranged in a circle.

The ruins make me think of blackhouses.

Meduli will be my next trip :)

Thread starter #34
The Risar Dungeon has a chieftain; who drops a Ruby, if anything that Ruby has some sort of connection to the Nerub'Madgulu tower due to the lore that has been released, and to an extent it does make sense. At the very least I would believe that the ruby is somehow related to the multiple locked doors around the area.
I think someone should collate all the quotes on this and start another thread :p

Andi89

Sooo, I've found three things today:
1.: Rags have a pic on them that somehow resembles the statues in the jungle:

2.: There's a asteroid somewhere between Fabernum and Morin Khur(Pic is not the best, you have to see it all around):
3.: There are remains with stairs between Morin Khur and Fabernum:

All for the moment, I will keep looking

Rathius

Sooo, I've found three things today:
1.: Rags have a pic on them that somehow resembles the statues in the jungle:
2.: There's a asteroid somewhere between Fabernum and Morin Khur(Pic is not the best, you have to see it all around):
-
All for the moment, I will keep looking
1, I don't think it's intention, since it's just the texture mirrored. Its how you can save on texture memory. Texture half the object, mirror it to the other half.
2, Yup, there are a bunch of these around, even some calx ones in the water just below that one. They're the same mesh as the Tephra in the Sunken Isles. Kinda peeves me a bit to see them do that with something as unique as that Tephra, makes it kinda lose interest.

Thread starter #37
Had a look round Meduli and I can't think what you mean. Not the outpost on the hill? That's one of the "Saburra" towers I now think are Tindremic mililtary outposts.

There are actually a couple of other meteorite craters - the Tephra crater outside Gaul'Kor and the Tephra-seeming meteorite in the Brood Isles (south-west of the ramp down to the shore prowlers from the jungle camp). The latter, however, cannot be mined.

Other indications of catastrophic events are the "karsts" (The stone outcrops where you find priests sometimes. They look like stone bowls set on the landscape) and Tecton's fault (the massive waterfall south-west of Meduli).

From the website we know about two events. The first is the one which split the continents and created Tecton's Fault, which probably happened millions of years ago, and the second is the Conflux, which contributed to the downfall of the Tindremic Empire and which probably happened a few decades ago.

I counted these as standing stones, of which there are several different types. I will add this to the map. Thanks :)

2, Yup, there are a bunch of these around, even some calx ones in the water just below that one. They're the same mesh as the Tephra in the Sunken Isles. Kinda peeves me a bit to see them do that with something as unique as that Tephra, makes it kinda lose interest.
I don't think it needs to be unique to be interesting. It's what it means that is interesting - for instance, did a comet or asteroid crash into the moon, causing material to crash onto Nave? Is Tephra moon-rock or part of the original asteroid? Is this what caused the Conflux?

That's why I think there also needs to be a geology thread, because there is a lot more stuff out there than just old ruins, and I think it's all tied in with the lore.

sCouraGe

It's extremely minor, but just north of cavecamp by the wisents (Before you get to the ratmen) there is what looks like a small circular stone fire pit. There are designs around the sides that aren't covered by dirt.
Those are camp fires, they look the same as the big one in bakti, but smaller. Maybe those ratmen made them.

Thread starter #40
It's extremely minor, but just north of cavecamp by the wisents (Before you get to the ratmen) there is what looks like a small circular stone fire pit. There are designs around the sides that aren't covered by dirt.
I'll take a look next time I'm there.

Those are camp fires, they look the same as the big one in bakti, but smaller. Maybe those ratmen made them.
Isn't there a trapdoor in the ground, where the ratmen are? I don't think it's openable yet, but I bet that will lead to a dungeon that is their lair in the future.