The Game Currently

Is Mortal online Current Status Worth Subscribing ?.

• Yes

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 65.7%

• Total voters

Hayasa

Honored Member
I know you refer to pvp pre awakening, what I mean it was worse was stability and tech wise. We did also have less options for pvp back in those days, Im not saying thats a bad or a good thing, but those were the major differences and we kept track on this.
I will never be a pro at pvping in MO, thats where you vets shine. I cant spend such time into mastering pvp even though I would like to, Im also getting older and loosing some of those required skills to be top on the field sadly.
got that before and after yet?

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Hopefully MO2 has all these features up front so we can avoid this same situation.
You'll only avoid it with new players; those who are not new to the game will (because it is human nature) 'not like changes'-- mostly this. If SV is lucky, some few will learn to like anything that truly changes, and overall those who do not like any changes for any length of time will be outnumbered by newbies without the same expectations.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Could you enlighten me, where I lost the org vision of MO, and what main devs we lost that made us make a worse game due to this?
Because I think we need to sort this rumor once and for all its getting tired-some ThaBadman.

One thing that is important to understand is that we had 100 features on paper since day one, we released with 5% and over the years implemented a few % of what we had on design. Is this what you refer to when its getting worse and worse?
In what way did the game get worse when we lost main devs and what main devs?? The game have been improved in quality like over 9000 times since release. So I assume you refer more to the features you dont like , and possible balance changes?

Yes we both liked UO pre trammel, how did MO go trammel? we will never have a cloned separate world with leaves that do not allow you to hit any player and move through them without collision.

Where I do agree, is where more and more features comes into the game and make things complicated, if things doesnt play out as our old design. This time when we implement the features in MO2 we will be very careful to be sure its well implemented, and only if it did work well and as planned in MO. We seen where player progression and similar does feel more like a work than a game, There will be a lot of changes here to make the game more clear and fun to play, without us removing to complex and deep systems, thats always been part of the game, in which Mats designed for us in a superior way.
I am happy to oblige.

First off you started the downward trend of leaving the vision when this was no longer the staple of the game:

I used to have a picture of all 20 something devs working on early MO, when you went from what was it 25? to 3. You lost so much feedback from in house and refused to listen to your players on what those players where good at, which brings you down to 3 people coming with solutions and feedback instead of 20+ and since you in no way shape or form listened to for example the best PvPers regarding PvP changes but rather poor and horrible PvPers its not a surprice (to me atleast) that the PvP will degrade over time as it did.
Remember that I was here before the game released to CBT.

Ever since Christmas patch 09s horrible stamina changes, the PvP was mostly on a slide down except a few times for a few months, Dawn was the last time combat was in a decent place but imo it was still not at its place even then.
And can you please finally answer me why did you slow down the melee combat so insanely due to "prediction issues" when you later turned mount speed insanely UP while still disregarding melee speed ?
A normal mount was slightly faster than players at one point, now mounts can basically spin circles around the players.

Features are there to ENHANCE a game, not change the core of a game by new implementations over and over. "Butchery, TS, walls everywhere, breeding, new magic, pets, alchemy, etc" features that ruined established core gameplay with their implementation or changes over time.
I cant specify when exactly you lost the devs but I am certain it was pre release. I dont remember too many devs on the forums talking with its playerbase post release but again not sure of such inner workings at SV. But the game had literally 1 decent uptrend after release(Dawn).

Yes the game looks better and is more stable than before, but seriously you think stability and graphics makes a game ?
Just a fyi Runescape has around 80k active daily players last I checked and the game looks like crap from crapsville.
But I would NEVER EVER sacrifice gameplay over graphics, I would also stay through bugs and instability if that means the game will retain its core fundamentals, dont think I needed to say that since wea ll know how long I supported MO through its instability and its massive amounts of bugs.

I do think I stated MO had its Trammel moment not that Trammel itself was introduced to MO(although Sarducaa is closer to Trammel than Myrland imo). You once stated Mortal would have NO PVP ZONES, yet you chased players into the GZ to butcher with butchering and you locked players out of areas with TS walls EVERYWHERE which to me was as Trammel you could go without actually going Trammel.

You let players build 100% safe zones that they could hug like the GZ if they started losing a fight. The fact that you need to PvE your way into a walled off area is retarded. Sieging is not PvP for any retard that wants to point out that PvP can happen during a siege but a siege is PvE player versus a wall/structure.(Idiots will always reach for straws)
But my meaning behind that sentence was that the effects Trammel had on UO was the same as butchering/TS walls had on MO, THE EXACT SAME, chasing your players away from your once hardcore game for hardcore players...

Thats where I disagree with your development priorities. New features/mechanics/Items/whatever the fuck should be brought in AROUND the established game not come in and ruin shit, if it does that then get rid of it and try to make it better instead of leaving it in the game totally breaking the game for years before a good fix is found.

As I started telling you back in CBT, finish the core fundamentals before release and then add new shit to an already established core thats set in stone. Why did you not listen ?
Again everything new to a game should AT IMPLEMENTATION fit with the already established game or else its not ready to be implemented. Simple as that.

Now you say you have learned and all that but why is MO still shit if you learned your past mistakes that made MO from a unpolished gem to a well polished turd ?
Why should we back you in MO2 when you couldnt even fix up MO ?
What incentive do we old veteran players have to trust anything coming forward when we couldnt trust you to fix a 10yo game ?
Mortal has litterally been on life support since the failed steam release, which btw I ALSO FUCKING TOLD YOU ABOUT, dont realease to steam its gonna go bad, we dont have the population to support Sarducaa, no one listened and here we are...

I have consistently since Christmas patch 09 been telling you what to do to fix this shit but never been heard over the phat wallets of bad players. Why on earth do you think microtransactions is so prevalent in gaming today ? Its because bad players like to be able to buy their way to become good. And no im not saying MO has MTs, I am saying its funny that the few rich MO players (that also dominated the donations page) many bad suggestions that was shut down by the larger community found its way into the game...

Do you know how hard it is to know you have taken your time to find out and write to developers how to save your favorite game of all time countless times only to be ignored and your warnings always came through and made the game worse ?
And still im fucking here trying to wrestle this raging bull as its probably my last chance to have my favorite game back after 10 fucking years waiting on you to drag heads out of arses and fix this game to its original vision and state.
AGAIN GAMEPLAY WISE NOT stability and graphics wise as that can always be improved when the game is set in stone and polished.

Also complexity for complexities sake is not good. If complexe shit comes in the way of easily tweaking and balancing the game its not good for the game. This I have also told you since Christmas patch 09 when crafting came. Over a million combination is nothing to be proud of if only 10 of them are usable.

Thats it for now, hope I answered your questions, the rant almost made me lose track off what I was supposed to answer and talk about.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I know you refer to pvp pre awakening, what I mean it was worse was stability and tech wise. We did also have less options for pvp back in those days, Im not saying thats a bad or a good thing, but those were the major differences and we kept track on this.
I will never be a pro at pvping in MO, thats where you vets shine. I cant spend such time into mastering pvp even though I would like to, Im also getting older and loosing some of those required skills to be top on the field sadly.
I disagree.

We had just as many VIABLE options in PvP even during Dawn times.
Pets, MAs, MCs, swords, poles, axes, spears and magic was all heavily used and effective. Just not as OP as currently.
Gear and potions was not as good back then as it is now. Potions at Dawn was also 100x better than alchemy potions which is starnge since it should have been the other way around.

Back when combat was really in its place you could use anything with any materials on any armor with any materials and you would die quickly if you could not dodge, move properly or block. Healing in combat was non existant until you guessed it Christmas patch 09.

In combat healing is what imo really took this games skill down many nocks. Extra lives is in no way shape or form skillbased ,it promotes errors without killing you to teach you a lesson.

Henrik Nystrom

CEO
Staff member
I am happy to oblige.

First off you started the downward trend of leaving the vision when this was no longer the staple of the game:

I used to have a picture of all 20 something devs working on early MO, when you went from what was it 25? to 3. You lost so much feedback from in house and refused to listen to your players on what those players where good at, which brings you down to 3 people coming with solutions and feedback instead of 20+ and since you in no way shape or form listened to for example the best PvPers regarding PvP changes but rather poor and horrible PvPers its not a surprice (to me atleast) that the PvP will degrade over time as it did.
Remember that I was here before the game released to CBT.

Ever since Christmas patch 09s horrible stamina changes, the PvP was mostly on a slide down except a few times for a few months, Dawn was the last time combat was in a decent place but imo it was still not at its place even then.
And can you please finally answer me why did you slow down the melee combat so insanely due to "prediction issues" when you later turned mount speed insanely UP while still disregarding melee speed ?
A normal mount was slightly faster than players at one point, now mounts can basically spin circles around the players.

Features are there to ENHANCE a game, not change the core of a game by new implementations over and over. "Butchery, TS, walls everywhere, breeding, new magic, pets, alchemy, etc" features that ruined established core gameplay with their implementation or changes over time.
I cant specify when exactly you lost the devs but I am certain it was pre release. I dont remember too many devs on the forums talking with its playerbase post release but again not sure of such inner workings at SV. But the game had literally 1 decent uptrend after release(Dawn).

Yes the game looks better and is more stable than before, but seriously you think stability and graphics makes a game ?
Just a fyi Runescape has around 80k active daily players last I checked and the game looks like crap from crapsville.
But I would NEVER EVER sacrifice gameplay over graphics, I would also stay through bugs and instability if that means the game will retain its core fundamentals, dont think I needed to say that since wea ll know how long I supported MO through its instability and its massive amounts of bugs.

I do think I stated MO had its Trammel moment not that Trammel itself was introduced to MO(although Sarducaa is closer to Trammel than Myrland imo). You once stated Mortal would have NO PVP ZONES, yet you chased players into the GZ to butcher with butchering and you locked players out of areas with TS walls EVERYWHERE which to me was as Trammel you could go without actually going Trammel.

You let players build 100% safe zones that they could hug like the GZ if they started losing a fight. The fact that you need to PvE your way into a walled off area is retarded. Sieging is not PvP for any retard that wants to point out that PvP can happen during a siege but a siege is PvE player versus a wall/structure.(Idiots will always reach for straws)
But my meaning behind that sentence was that the effects Trammel had on UO was the same as butchering/TS walls had on MO, THE EXACT SAME, chasing your players away from your once hardcore game for hardcore players...

Thats where I disagree with your development priorities. New features/mechanics/Items/whatever the fuck should be brought in AROUND the established game not come in and ruin shit, if it does that then get rid of it and try to make it better instead of leaving it in the game totally breaking the game for years before a good fix is found.

As I started telling you back in CBT, finish the core fundamentals before release and then add new shit to an already established core thats set in stone. Why did you not listen ?
Again everything new to a game should AT IMPLEMENTATION fit with the already established game or else its not ready to be implemented. Simple as that.

Now you say you have learned and all that but why is MO still shit if you learned your past mistakes that made MO from a unpolished gem to a well polished turd ?
Why should we back you in MO2 when you couldnt even fix up MO ?
What incentive do we old veteran players have to trust anything coming forward when we couldnt trust you to fix a 10yo game ?
Mortal has litterally been on life support since the failed steam release, which btw I ALSO FUCKING TOLD YOU ABOUT, dont realease to steam its gonna go bad, we dont have the population to support Sarducaa, no one listened and here we are...

I have consistently since Christmas patch 09 been telling you what to do to fix this shit but never been heard over the phat wallets of bad players. Why on earth do you think microtransactions is so prevalent in gaming today ? Its because bad players like to be able to buy their way to become good. And no im not saying MO has MTs, I am saying its funny that the few rich MO players (that also dominated the donations page) many bad suggestions that was shut down by the larger community found its way into the game...

Do you know how hard it is to know you have taken your time to find out and write to developers how to save your favorite game of all time countless times only to be ignored and your warnings always came through and made the game worse ?
And still im fucking here trying to wrestle this raging bull as its probably my last chance to have my favorite game back after 10 fucking years waiting on you to drag heads out of arses and fix this game to its original vision and state.
AGAIN GAMEPLAY WISE NOT stability and graphics wise as that can always be improved when the game is set in stone and polished.

Also complexity for complexities sake is not good. If complexe shit comes in the way of easily tweaking and balancing the game its not good for the game. This I have also told you since Christmas patch 09 when crafting came. Over a million combination is nothing to be proud of if only 10 of them are usable.

Thats it for now, hope I answered your questions, the rant almost made me lose track off what I was supposed to answer and talk about.
Ive read that section from our website a few times and cant see where we do not offer exactly what it says still.
Yes we understand there are many different views on the pvp changes what made pvp worst after dawn as you say it.I do not deny what you say and think. I tried to share our vision on what have happen over the years what have improved and what we have learnt. And that when we listen on player groups on different opinions on how things should be done we go back and forth many times which we started after dawn. We wanted to try it and it may work in some cases but far from all and to make everyone happy.

We had 30 ppl working the first years of mo yes, thats a ton of content in many different fields, we had many inexperienced developer and so were we all mostly. Over the years we have refined how to make such game and had to limit the people that will work with this kind of game, just adding a ton of ppl on this game and think it will be better is just a disaster, it doesnt work that way. We need proper people on every field,. and proper planning and coding of the game, or it will be like MO release was all over again. Which means, full instability and crashes on both clients and server every 20 min. Game mechanics bugged out to death, and most function not working clearly.
We cant ever release in such state again as there is no second chances these days in such field.
In fact we have all important and super vital key people for MO2 this time around, in which we lacked in MO, Only because you add 40 artist doesn't make the game more or less stable.
Today we are in fact 10+ very experienced people that will improve the stability and content of MO2 over MO. We are growing still but we want to do it the right way and in full control.

Im not here to fight or argue regarding this, I think we are both passionate about the game how it was in an golden era as you describe it and I agree, some things were better no doubt. We are trying to capture the essence of MO in this version and have every field as polished as it can be. We will be careful implementing every feature to make sure they are improved and have a meaning. We will make sure Pvp balance is at a good base and not go back and forth anymore. We will have a proper AI to give proper pve.
We will look over the complete freedom we gave you as players that allowed you to build "safe" zones as you describe it. Alot of this is not working well due to a broken AI in current version.

I fully understand a lot of skeptical players due to our history, I can only hope you understand we have learnt a lot from our mistakes and will do our absolutely best to make MO2 a better and improved game with a lot of fixes that MO was suffering from. Feel free to try it when we launch the first section of our game. Until then we will try to do some updates on the fields we working on and show some of the visual updates when they are getting closer to be final.

Hayasa

Honored Member
Ive read that section from our website a few times and cant see where we do not offer exactly what it says still.
Yes we understand there are many different views on the pvp changes what made pvp worst after dawn as you say it.I do not deny what you say and think. I tried to share our vision on what have happen over the years what have improved and what we have learnt. And that when we listen on player groups on different opinions on how things should be done we go back and forth many times which we started after dawn. We wanted to try it and it may work in some cases but far from all and to make everyone happy.

We had 30 ppl working the first years of mo yes, thats a ton of content in many different fields, we had many inexperienced developer and so were we all mostly. Over the years we have refined how to make such game and had to limit the people that will work with this kind of game, just adding a ton of ppl on this game and think it will be better is just a disaster, it doesnt work that way. We need proper people on every field,. and proper planning and coding of the game, or it will be like MO release was all over again. Which means, full instability and crashes on both clients and server every 20 min. Game mechanics bugged out to death, and most function not working clearly.
We cant ever release in such state again as there is no second chances these days in such field.
In fact we have all important and super vital key people for MO2 this time around, in which we lacked in MO, Only because you add 40 artist doesn't make the game more or less stable.
Today we are in fact 10+ very experienced people that will improve the stability and content of MO2 over MO. We are growing still but we want to do it the right way and in full control.

Im not here to fight or argue regarding this, I think we are both passionate about the game how it was in an golden era as you describe it and I agree, some things were better no doubt. We are trying to capture the essence of MO in this version and have every field as polished as it can be. We will be careful implementing every feature to make sure they are improved and have a meaning. We will make sure Pvp balance is at a good base and not go back and forth anymore. We will have a proper AI to give proper pve.
We will look over the complete freedom we gave you as players that allowed you to build "safe" zones as you describe it. Alot of this is not working well due to a broken AI in current version.

I fully understand a lot of skeptical players due to our history, I can only hope you understand we have learnt a lot from our mistakes and will do our absolutely best to make MO2 a better and improved game with a lot of fixes that MO was suffering from. Feel free to try it when we launch the first section of our game. Until then we will try to do some updates on the fields we working on and show some of the visual updates when they are getting closer to be final.
still waiting

Vaith

I think that SV knows whats wrong with the game, but they have painted themselfes into a corner with these feature/mechanics that did not work out the way they wanted and they cant revert systems they already implemented.

So lets hope for MO2 that they dont look at features in a stand-alone way but that they look on the macro scale of how this will affect the content/culture that is already ingame that people are enjoying, so that it does not render them useless and force people to use a boring feature to be viable.

Hayasa

Honored Member
I like the TL;DR people from these ex players who haven't played for multiple years are typing such a long story about 8 years ago

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member

Now im gonna shift my normal posting here as this is a reply I have waited for for years, instead of the ususal "rose tintet glasses" reply I normally have gained when raising points on how to get the combat back to where it was filled with potential.

As we all know I am a PvPer, my main focus in games like this is group combat from small to large scale. For players like me there is nothing that can compare to being in a small group and wrecking through enemies in a larger group.
Think Barristan Selmy against Blackfyre rebellion, he single handedly cut a bloody path through enemies and slayed Maelys Blackfyre, this was possible in early MO but not in current MO, due to gear/numbers prio shift and due to stamina changes from Christmas patch 09 aswell as speed changes. (lower speed = less skill ceiling)

I do know, understand and respect where your coming from as you know one side of games and I understand the other side.
I do want to promote the general MO development as imo it was the best approach.
Beginning with combat beta after the core landscape is finished to flesh out combat and PvP which imo is the most essential core to MO as it is the single feature/mechanic used in almost all aspects of MO from PvP to PvE to activity in the world, farming, dungeon running and so on.

Finish it up and balance it properly with MO veteran PvP players before CBT starts and the rest of the games core can be incremently implemented and fleshed out 1 by 1. This will also like MO CBT mean players will fight throughout testing phases leading up to open beta and release. PvPers also dont need new content but rather have meaningful things to fight over.
PvPers will also market the game for free over Youtube and Twitch type place, and might bring more players to testing CBT.

Once you finish game mechanics/features they should like combat be set in stone when the right feedback from players being content arrives ofc as they are the ones playing the game.
And dont sacrifice vision to potentially bring more players in like you did with combat in MO but it backfired because of the state of the game at the time.
MO combat was continuesly dumbed down to adhere to more casual players than the original hardcore audience MO was designed for, by doing so you lost supporting players but did not gain that much new casuals who left anyway as said because of the state of the rest of the game outside PvP.

The fact that you as a small company managed to make this game which many larger companies didnt believe was possible which is part of the reason why I have been so harsh in posts as I know you could fix it seeing as you managed to create it in the first place.

The reason why you create passionate players like me is because for us there was 1 game that got broken and changed beyond recognition and theres the Quake style bunnyhopping wow magic pew pew third person Darkfall and thats it.

For all other type of MMO players I know off, there are so many MMOs out there to pick and choose from, but for players like me there was 1 and now the last 8 years not a single one. Not even 1, thats why you get us angry veteran hardcore PvPers shouting and yelling to try to either protect or save the only MMO game out there designed for us and was made for us but due to cries from non PvPers our 1 game with PvP for us got ruined bit by bit.

Again the fact that you managed to make it once is why we know you should be able to get it back on track.

For me personally I want you to try out different easy to implement tweaks with MO so it will be closer to perfection for MO2, now talking about combat as that is where I can give the best feedback. Nerf, buff and tweak numbers for a few weeks and I know combat would be back on track, then continue with other features so they are essentially ready to be moved over to MO2 and work basically the same way.
Thats the part I dont have knowledge of the whole porting over and if the same numbers would be the same in UE4.

Hayasa

Honored Member
Now im gonna shift my normal posting here as this is a reply I have waited for for years, instead of the ususal "rose tintet glasses" reply I normally have gained when raising points on how to get the combat back to where it was filled with potential.

As we all know I am a PvPer, my main focus in games like this is group combat from small to large scale. For players like me there is nothing that can compare to being in a small group and wrecking through enemies in a larger group.
Think Barristan Selmy against Blackfyre rebellion, he single handedly cut a bloody path through enemies and slayed Maelys Blackfyre, this was possible in early MO but not in current MO, due to gear/numbers prio shift and due to stamina changes from Christmas patch 09 aswell as speed changes. (lower speed = less skill ceiling)

I do know, understand and respect where your coming from as you know one side of games and I understand the other side.
I do want to promote the general MO development as imo it was the best approach.
Beginning with combat beta after the core landscape is finished to flesh out combat and PvP which imo is the most essential core to MO as it is the single feature/mechanic used in almost all aspects of MO from PvP to PvE to activity in the world, farming, dungeon running and so on.

Finish it up and balance it properly with MO veteran PvP players before CBT starts and the rest of the games core can be incremently implemented and fleshed out 1 by 1. This will also like MO CBT mean players will fight throughout testing phases leading up to open beta and release. PvPers also dont need new content but rather have meaningful things to fight over.
PvPers will also market the game for free over Youtube and Twitch type place, and might bring more players to testing CBT.

Once you finish game mechanics/features they should like combat be set in stone when the right feedback from players being content arrives ofc as they are the ones playing the game.
And dont sacrifice vision to potentially bring more players in like you did with combat in MO but it backfired because of the state of the game at the time.
MO combat was continuesly dumbed down to adhere to more casual players than the original hardcore audience MO was designed for, by doing so you lost supporting players but did not gain that much new casuals who left anyway as said because of the state of the rest of the game outside PvP.

The fact that you as a small company managed to make this game which many larger companies didnt believe was possible which is part of the reason why I have been so harsh in posts as I know you could fix it seeing as you managed to create it in the first place.

The reason why you create passionate players like me is because for us there was 1 game that got broken and changed beyond recognition and theres the Quake style bunnyhopping wow magic pew pew third person Darkfall and thats it.

For all other type of MMO players I know off, there are so many MMOs out there to pick and choose from, but for players like me there was 1 and now the last 8 years not a single one. Not even 1, thats why you get us angry veteran hardcore PvPers shouting and yelling to try to either protect or save the only MMO game out there designed for us and was made for us but due to cries from non PvPers our 1 game with PvP for us got ruined bit by bit.

Again the fact that you managed to make it once is why we know you should be able to get it back on track.

For me personally I want you to try out different easy to implement tweaks with MO so it will be closer to perfection for MO2, now talking about combat as that is where I can give the best feedback. Nerf, buff and tweak numbers for a few weeks and I know combat would be back on track, then continue with other features so they are essentially ready to be moved over to MO2 and work basically the same way.
Thats the part I dont have knowledge of the whole porting over and if the same numbers would be the same in UE4.
personaly, you should play the game and learn and do everything over again, BUT posting on forums fo a game you don't play to the CEO who's slowing hot air... wait... hold on... are you... his brother?

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I like the TL;DR people from these ex players who haven't played for multiple years are typing such a long story about 8 years ago
I am actually subbed on 2 accounts after I got them back from the breach.
I played a few weeks but now am back to the point of not having the will to even log on anymore.

Cant do combat since its broken, PvE is boring and buggy, everything else is too time consuming for me to even restart doing.

The thought of MO2 and that combat might finally be fixed after 9 years in a broken state and watching hundreds of old MO PvP videos made me want to play again, a few weeks in and the game reminded me its not worth playing atm.

So why not go on the forums for a hour a day to try to remind the devs instead of leaving it to the people that play this broken game and want it to be like now like your own guild which finally have dominance in a dead game because everyone else left because the game got easy/cheesy enough.

You wont get rid of the real supporters of this game just because players wanting the game catered to them to be able to bypass the skill that was supposed to be in the core of this game are whining on the forums of players wanting this game fixed and not further broken.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
personaly, you should play the game and learn and do everything over again, BUT posting on forums fo a game you don't play to the CEO who's slowing hot air... wait... hold on... are you... his brother?
Correction. A game I have given years of play time in, thousands of dollars invested in, so much wealth farmed/mined/extracted/butchered over countless hours just because I wanted to not having to farm when the game finally got fixed. Silly me for still being invested in the game...

Now please do tell me why should I reenter the game, spend hours mastering the combat again only to know bad players can get around that trained skill through pots, pets, gear and numbers ?
Having nothing to do except if I want to invest into a new guild, getting to know, train with and become a good group when theres no reward for it.
Knowing players have blocked off most important locales and shit guilds hug their own personal guardzone.
Or you know the fact that I have to roam the world for countless hours not finding anyone to fight and those I find will run to their safe zone at the first sign of losing their precious items like new RPK(I mean New ID) did consistently last time I played. That was actually disrespectful to ID who actually had the balls to fight to death and not constantly run to their safe zone as new RPK does.

Why should I get back into the game knowing everything I loved about it is now gone, ruined or broken almost beyond repair ?

Last edited:
We will be careful implementing every feature to make sure they are improved and have a meaning. We will make sure Pvp balance is at a good base and not go back and forth anymore. We will have a proper AI to give proper pve.

Please do. Mortal has been nothing but a collection of placeholder content. These gruesome themepark patches that contributed absolutly nothing to the game.
For years SV has had on its head this idea of creating hotspots, which is something many people asked for. But it took months if not half of years or entire years to release buggy ass places that where exhausted in weeks.

The problem is, people blamed you guys for not listening to the community (which is absolutly true). Then you do, but you took the worst and most literal advices and implemented it raw, without assessment of the ingame impact, functions, etc. This obviously leaves holes in the game mechanics and isolates content.

Wasted so much time developing stupid things that nobody ever uses or get exhausted in a few weeks because its poorly designed and it doesn't have a real impact in the game. Instead of revalancing or re-designing broken ass mechanics that in your criteria where "finished".

The whole concept of SV's development allways been flawed, like instead of polishing and giving content pragmatic uses you decided to pile up broken things, like if the game would achieve a sense of completion that way, guess what, after years. It didn't.

What faith can we have for MO2, when we see a consistent failure in the development design. Erratic concepts that are never fully developed nor introduced into the game, this divagating thing.

I can talk about flag system, cities, learning curve, TC and all the elemental mistakes you made of those. But im tired, its been said endlessly over the years, some of the things never seemed to get into SV's head. Community managers allways been a joke, test teams nothing but a circle jerk, and the circus goes on.

What is worth saying is that if you don't get proper assessment, like proper analysis of the game mechanics regarding players and content-influence. You won't get anywhere.
You need a team, perspective and strategic developing. And don't follow retarded ass advices from the community hillbilys, at least until you analyze it propely...

SV has achieved great things in the game, but SV is also the example of how not to do things in game developing. You guys are the "not to do" list of any serious company.

I played a few weeks but now am back to the point of not having the will to even log on anymore.

Cant do combat since its broken, PvE is boring and buggy, everything else is too time consuming for me to even restart doing.

The thought of MO2 and that combat might finally be fixed after 9 years in a broken state and watching hundreds of old MO PvP videos made me want to play again, a few weeks in and the game reminded me its not worth playing atm.

So why not go on the forums for a hour a day to try to remind the devs instead of leaving it to the people that play this broken game and want it to be like now like your own guild which finally have dominance in a dead game because everyone else left because the game got easy/cheesy enough.

You wont get rid of the real supporters of this game just because players wanting the game catered to them to be able to bypass the skill that was supposed to be in the core of this game are whining on the forums of players wanting this game fixed and not further broken.
Just ignore this "hayaza" guy ... he is here to make himself look interesting, kudos to him. ThaBadMan you actually said some stuff and you've pin pointed some really good points and I salute you. I feel like some individuals here on the forums don't take what is going on with our game *plays Russian Anthem* very seriously and I think that this is SV biggest fight. *Crawls back under cozy blanket*:cool:

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Do you not want any of these things in game?

Or to lower the divide?
I dont want the importance of it versus player skill to be anywhere near how important it is.

A few examples here.
Pots pre alchemy had a maximum healing potential of 40 of the biggest potion available, players wanted a nerf since big pots using players had such an advantage against those without. After alchemy I know some players running around with 150+ potions.

Pets before was limited to bears as the strongest killed in 10 or so hits from cronite weapons maybe less and didnt pose a threat except when already low on health, many players wanted it nerfed further. Now we have necro pets that can solo several players in metal armor, takes way over 20 hits with cronite weapons.

Cronite wearing players used to last 8 or so hits full hp to death using tungsteel/cronite weapons 5-6 using damage handle greatblades, last I played it was 14 hits.

Numbers should not imo count for much unless the players are skilled at fighting no matter the gear they have with them.
Before you could 2v10 guys when 2 skilled fighters fought 10 average skilled players, all in same gear. 5v15-20s between the best against the average guilds was usual daily occurences.

Bullhorses(best horse back then) took around 12 hits with tungsteel greatblades, Molvas even more but normal steppes took 5-6 hits. deserts 2-3. I think rare mongrel took around 8-10 hits which was considered ok since it was a rare spawn and only spawned one or two at the same time. Players wanted bullhorses and molvas nerfed since it took so many hits to kill.
Mounts was slower slightly higher speed than foot except desert which was considerably quicker due to the health pool.
When I started getting into mounted combat I used a desert horse with a greatblade doing 30-40 dmg to players which would kill higher hp chars at around 180 in 5-6 hits. Now mounts have insane health, insane speed and the player has insane damage.
Last I bred horses they had just short of 600hp and mitigated best mounted weapons to i think 60s on the horse but those weapons 2-3 shot players so was pretty OP. Thats 10 hits without considering the insane mount heals I also had. Normal weapons hit my mount for low to mid 30s, an astounding 20 hits to kill still not including heals that could heal for 50% of mounts health every couple minutes or something.

TLDR: Before gear(mounts/pots/pets included) had less meaning, player trained skills had alot more to say. Heals in combat was very severly lower.

Hayasa

Honored Member

Correction. A game I have given years of play time in, thousands of dollars invested in, so much wealth farmed/mined/extracted/butchered over countless hours just because I wanted to not having to farm when the game finally got fixed. Silly me for still being invested in the game...

Now please do tell me why should I reenter the game, spend hours mastering the combat again only to know bad players can get around that trained skill through pots, pets, gear and numbers ?
Having nothing to do except if I want to invest into a new guild, getting to know, train with and become a good group when theres no reward for it.
Knowing players have blocked off most important locales and shit guilds hug their own personal guardzone.
Or you know the fact that I have to roam the world for countless hours not finding anyone to fight and those I find will run to their safe zone at the first sign of losing their precious items like new RPK(I mean New ID) did consistently last time I played. That was actually disrespectful to ID who actually had the balls to fight to death and not constantly run to their safe zone as new RPK does.

Why should I get back into the game knowing everything I loved about it is now gone, ruined or broken almost beyond repair ?
Please do. Mortal has been nothing but a collection of placeholder content. These gruesome themepark patches that contributed absolutly nothing to the game.
For years SV has had on its head this idea of creating hotspots, which is something many people asked for. But it took months if not half of years or entire years to release buggy ass places that where exhausted in weeks.

The problem is, people blamed you guys for not listening to the community (which is absolutly true). Then you do, but you took the worst and most literal advices and implemented it raw, without assessment of the ingame impact, functions, etc. This obviously leaves holes in the game mechanics and isolates content.

Wasted so much time developing stupid things that nobody ever uses or get exhausted in a few weeks because its poorly designed and it doesn't have a real impact in the game. Instead of revalancing or re-designing broken ass mechanics that in your criteria where "finished".

The whole concept of SV's development allways been flawed, like instead of polishing and giving content pragmatic uses you decided to pile up broken things, like if the game would achieve a sense of completion that way, guess what, after years. It didn't.

What faith can we have for MO2, when we see a consistent failure in the development design. Erratic concepts that are never fully developed nor introduced into the game, this divagating thing.

I can talk about flag system, cities, learning curve, TC and all the elemental mistakes you made of those. But im tired, its been said endlessly over the years, some of the things never seemed to get into SV's head. Community managers allways been a joke, test teams nothing but a circle jerk, and the circus goes on.

What is worth saying is that if you don't get proper assessment, like proper analysis of the game mechanics regarding players and content-influence. You won't get anywhere.
You need a team, perspective and strategic developing. And don't follow retarded ass advices from the community hillbilys, at least until you analyze it propely...

SV has achieved great things in the game, but SV is also the example of how not to do things in game developing. You guys are the "not to do" list of any serious company.
Oh man, ALL the people who LOST EVERYTHING because BAD are ALL HERE CRYING mmmmm Tears, oh GOD YES! NAJAHAHAHYAHA PLEASE Rate this!

So after the Breach, you came to check on your accounts, WOW! and then you quit... so we should take advice from soemone who plays 2 weeks a year out of 52 weeks... OK!

Albadjo, Socialism will not be implemented into Mortal Online, go away

Hayasa

Honored Member
I dont want the importance of it versus player skill to be anywhere near how important it is.

A few examples here.
Pots pre alchemy had a maximum healing potential of 40 of the biggest potion available, players wanted a nerf since big pots using players had such an advantage against those without. After alchemy I know some players running around with 150+ potions.

Pets before was limited to bears as the strongest killed in 10 or so hits from cronite weapons maybe less and didnt pose a threat except when already low on health, many players wanted it nerfed further. Now we have necro pets that can solo several players in metal armor, takes way over 20 hits with cronite weapons.

Cronite wearing players used to last 8 or so hits full hp to death using tungsteel/cronite weapons 5-6 using damage handle greatblades, last I played it was 14 hits.

Numbers should not imo count for much unless the players are skilled at fighting no matter the gear they have with them.
Before you could 2v10 guys when 2 skilled fighters fought 10 average skilled players, all in same gear. 5v15-20s between the best against the average guilds was usual daily occurences.

Bullhorses(best horse back then) took around 12 hits with tungsteel greatblades, Molvas even more but normal steppes took 5-6 hits. deserts 2-3. I think rare mongrel took around 8-10 hits which was considered ok since it was a rare spawn and only spawned one or two at the same time. Players wanted bullhorses and molvas nerfed since it took so many hits to kill.
Mounts was slower slightly higher speed than foot except desert which was considerably quicker due to the health pool.
When I started getting into mounted combat I used a desert horse with a greatblade doing 30-40 dmg to players which would kill higher hp chars at around 180 in 5-6 hits. Now mounts have insane health, insane speed and the player has insane damage.
Last I bred horses they had just short of 600hp and mitigated best mounted weapons to i think 60s on the horse but those weapons 2-3 shot players so was pretty OP. Thats 10 hits without considering the insane mount heals I also had. Normal weapons hit my mount for low to mid 30s, an astounding 20 hits to kill still not including heals that could heal for 50% of mounts health every couple minutes or something.

TLDR: Before gear(mounts/pots/pets included) had less meaning, player trained skills had alot more to say. Heals in combat was very severly lower.
you need to learn how to pvp... ever since my Terror Bird experience, I learned to PVE...

DE BUNKED ALL YOUR NECRO PET! THE ONLY PROBLEM IS LINE OF SIGHT AND HIT BOXES!

ALSO! EVERYONE YOU CRYING ABOUT MOUNTED! ALL HAD BEEN ADDRESSED TO THE POINT THEY NEED TO FIX TERRAIN! SEE YOU DO NOT EVEN PLAY THE GAME AND YOU TYPE ABOUT SHIT 8 YEARS AGO

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
you need to learn how to pvp... ever since my Terror Bird experience, I learned to PVE...

DE BUNKED ALL YOUR NECRO PET! THE ONLY PROBLEM IS LINE OF SIGHT AND HIT BOXES!

ALSO! EVERYONE YOU CRYING ABOUT MOUNTED! ALL HAD BEEN ADDRESSED TO THE POINT THEY NEED TO FIX TERRAIN! SEE YOU DO NOT EVEN PLAY THE GAME AND YOU TYPE ABOUT SHIT 8 YEARS AGO
Thanks for proving to me how fucked the game currently is if thats how the game is now, seeing it is 1 year old.

High end metal makes you a near impenetrable tank that disregard incoming damage to quickly be healed back to full.
Dont know their quality of weapons but if its normal tier it proves how gear based combat is.
Imagine if you could have died in seconds.

Dont know the current state of death knights but last I played they where considerably stronger but as tanky. they soak up alot of damage and collides alot. These are things to consider when balancing. 1 click PvE affecting combat while the necro mage can do magic aswell.

Gear is insane considering this game is supposed to be about player skill. The fact that pets can still knockdown is equally insane.

This video perfectly shows many of the flaws this games combat has become riddled with over the years, none of it is new content either as everything was used back in the day, now its only severly imbalanced. The reason all PvPers that sticked with the games for years have all quit. Sad really.

Hayasa

Honored Member
Thanks for proving to me how fucked the game currently is if thats how the game is now, seeing it is 1 year old.

High end metal makes you a near impenetrable tank that disregard incoming damage to quickly be healed back to full.
Dont know their quality of weapons but if its normal tier it proves how gear based combat is.
Imagine if you could have died in seconds.

Dont know the current state of death knights but last I played they where considerably stronger but as tanky. they soak up alot of damage and collides alot. These are things to consider when balancing. 1 click PvE affecting combat while the necro mage can do magic aswell.

Gear is insane considering this game is supposed to be about player skill. The fact that pets can still knockdown is equally insane.

This video perfectly shows many of the flaws this games combat has become riddled with over the years, none of it is new content either as everything was used back in the day, now its only severly imbalanced. The reason all PvPers that sticked with the games for years have all quit. Sad really.
PVE takes no brain power, once you know how to parry, it's the same for all... maybe you used to play mounted allt he time and use spear and shield, you know the skilless weapons? your welcome

Yes the major flaw in this video is A) Line of sight and B) hit boxes

Obviously the people I'm fighting are not holding their swing back properly, and are not hitting with the sweat spot of their weapon. Like ALL pvp the counter to heavy armor(with all the nerfs introduced cuz people from kran cry) is magic... poor LOS and Magic is the reason I died when I died, otherwise I'd live an other 10min or so... all their weapons were broken, I talked to some of them after the fight...

This situation is what Heavy armor is for, tanking damage... if this was out in the open, I'd be dead in seconds, since I'd have to kite alot and I wouldn't be able to catch up on stam

Point is, they brought out the counters, BUT it took PLAYER SKILL to be able to survive... SOMETHING YOU NEVER HAD... Rekt... You're bad

Last edited: