The Myrland Trade Union -MTU-

Thread starter #1
The Myrland Trade Union is an internal organization of crafters,hunters,engineers,tamers and merchants from around Myrland. The Union is calling upon all those who are interested in participating or supporting the Union. Whether you are a full time trader or part time trader, anyone who participates in the Myrland economy can apply!

What can the Union do for you?
<>An internal community of people,trade, and shops from around Myrland
<>Provides easy access list of any services provided from Union members
<>A community of knowledge and assistance from members of the Union
<>Official Union endorsements for your trade or business ( current example - HERE )
<>Non guild affiliation, only endorsement.
<>Trade security and alerts on bad trades that have occurred within Myrland(Gray list)

Structure of the Union (currently subject to changes)

Magistrate- The Presiding leader of all four districts in the Union. He is also the final decision maker in deciding the case of a ban from the Union,denied application, or endorsements of the Union.

Union Member- Union members are the official members of the Union and are officially endorsed by the Union and its members. They can vote on all matters concerning the direction of the Union.

Rules of the Union?
-No unlawful trading
-respect other members of the union regardless of outside guild affiliations
-Uphold the Union's name across Myrland
-Must participate in some form of the Myrland economy to apply for membership.
-Try to make the Union better and fun for all those who are involved, including the public.
(Read the Creed of the Union, 3 posts below)

Is the MTU a guild?
- No the MTU is not a guild. It is a community hub for traders, merchants etc.

What is the purpose of MTU?
-To provide a organization for all crafters,hunters, and merchants that wish to provide/promote their services to the public in a organized fashion.

Are MTU members required to help eachother?
-No MTU members are not required by Creed of the Union, but the members make the union. So, assistance and cooperation is encouraged amongst it's members

Will the MTU sponsor my shop?
-The MTU will recognize any union member's shop that joins the union and they will be provided the official crest on their forum page

What are the four Districts?
-The MTU has setup 4 basic districts of trade. It is merely used to organize the land into 4 quarters with the cities included.

If I suffer from a faulty trade and I'm not in the Union? ( other party member doesn't pay, setup, ambush, etc)
-The MTU will still look at your case, but it will not add the case to the Gray list because the party member affected isn't part of the Union. Therefore, it is not under it's laws of conduct and lawful trading agreement.

How will i find the services of those in the Union?
-Union member's shops will usually be provided in the Market place section of the forums. There will also be an organized list of all the shops provided by Union members in this thread.

Do MTU members have a say in the Union?
Yes, union members are able to vote on any subject,case, etc that is put up for vote. They can also voice their opinions for new ideas and changes. They are the Union, the Magistrate basically presides as the "judge and organizational leader".

Will the MTU sponsor tournaments or host events?
Any tournament or event will be put up for vote. From there the MTU will decide who would like to help sponsor these events individually.

Is there a Union tax?
No

What is the form of communication between its members?
Currently, the Mortal Online forum mass message system is our basis of communication. An official forum will be made if it is necessary in the future.

Do I need to own a shop in order to apply?
No you don't need to have a shop in order to apply. However, it is encouraged that MTU members display their wares and promote their business as individuals.

What is the "Gray list" of Myrland?
The "gray list" of Myrland is a compiled list of those that have been reported to the MTU by union members. The gray list serves as a alert system to warn about people who have not finished transactions, ambushed a trade, scammed the other party member, lack of trust etc. The cases brought forth to the MTU will be heard and voted on. This list is to serve as a "Tradesman's note", and not a bash list or enemy list.

How to apply?

-(1) To apply, please understand the information/FAQ above thoroughly first
-(2) Read and accept the Creed of the Union, 2 posts below.
Then send a private message here on the forums to Yakazi providing basic information about your experience in mortal online, your trade, ingame name(s) and your home city. Also, why you wish to participate as a member of the Union.

**The Union's designated districts of Mylrand**

Eastern Steppe: Morin Khur, Toxai - (D1)
Western Steppe: Meduli, Tindrem,Kranesh - (D2)
Gabarian North: Fabernum,Gaul Kor, Cave Camp - (D3)
Southern Lowlands: Moh ki, Vadda, Bakti, Jungle Camp - (D4)

-This is an organization we cherish and hope those who apply will help expand the MTU for the betterment of Nave.

Thanks for reading, Yakazi

Thread starter #2
Current Magistrate and Members of the Union:

Template as follows:

Their Name(linked), Area/Cities of trade
Their trade (in blue)
Shops/service on forums in green (linked)

Yakazi, Magistrate of the Union
_____
Trade - Armors,Weapons,Engineering
Endorsements - Yakazi's Workshop

Cearbhall, Union member of District 3
_____
Trade - Armors, Weapons, Butchering, Mining
Endorsements - Ington's Super Shop & Devil's Butcher Shop

Slightly Campana, Union member of District 2
_____
Trade - Lore,Scriptures,and Book sales(stories)
Endorsements - Printing Service

Shioli, Union member of District 2
_____
Trade - Armors,Weapons, and Material trading
Endorsements -Tindrem Armory & Tindrem Commodities Market

Sunshiner, Union member of District 1
_____
Trade - Armor,Weapons,Mount Services,and Material trading.
Endorsements - Sun's Blazing Forge

Hew, Union member of District 3
_____
Trade - Material trading, Metal supply, Armors & Weapons
Endorsements - Brokkr's Furnace

Blazinasian, Union member of District 1
_____
Trade - Material trading & Metal supply
Endorsements - Asian Metal Productions

Rillas, Union member of Bakti
_____
Trade - Mounts,Traveling, Butchery, Bowyery, Armors
Endorsements - Rilla's Fast Travel Shop(Mounts) , Birgor's Butchery , Nalur's Bowyery , Delrim's Armory

Ichorous, Union member of Gaul Kor
_____
Trade - Material trading, Metal Supply, Armors, Weapons, Mounts, & Bowyery
Endorsements - Ichorforge Armaments

Modric, Union member of District 3
_____
Trade - Material trading, Armors, Weapons,
Endorsements - Soon to come

Osarion, Union member of Tindrem
_____
Trade - Armors & Weapons

Leers72, Union member of District 3
_____
Trade - Material Trading & Weapons
Endorsements - Orefist Mining & Refining Inc

Kiwiitis, Union member of Bakti
_____
Trade - Material Trading & Refining
Endorsements - Grampsie's

Reaverx, Union member of Vadda, Meduli, Tindrem, Fabernum, Bakti
_____
Trade - Material Trading
Endorsements - Reaver's Commodities and Produce

Vrafh, Union member of District 2
_____
Trade - Material Trading and Butchery
Endorsements - Tindrem Carcasses

Abdul Alhazrad, Union member of District 2
_____
Trade - Shields
Endorsements - Abdul Alhazrad's Shield Shop

Godless Greg, Union member of District 2
_____
Trade - Bucthery
Endorsements - Dallen's Slaughterhouse

ThaBadMan, Union member of Tindrem
_____
Trade - Armors, Weapons, Alchemy, Material Trading, Locksmithing, Refining

Skulls06, Union member of District 3
_____
Trade - Weapons, Armors, Shields, Bowyery, Butchery, Material Trading, Refining

Bopkasen, Union member of District 3
_____
Trade - Armors, Weapons, Butchery, Material Trading, Refining

SultanFarooq,Union member of Bakti
_____
Trade - Hunting, Gathering

barracuda546,Union member of
_____
Trade - Armors, Butchery
Endorsements - [SOK] Armour Crafting and Butchery

Artorius, Union member of Bakti
_____
Trade - Expedition, Butchery
Endorsements -Myrland Expedition Agency & Meatorius Butcher Shop

Thread starter #4
The Gray list of Myrland
The "gray list" of Myrland is a compiled list of those that have been reported to the MTU union members. The gray list serves as a alert system that warn about people who have not finished transactions, ambushed a trade, scammed the other party member, lack of distrust etc. The cases brought forth to the MTU will be heard and voted on thoroughly. This list is to serve as a "Tradesman's note" not a bash list or enemy list.

-To get removed, they must fix relations with the party member(if still active) that requested the listing, complete any transactions/agreements that were left empty, or be given forgiveness by the party member himself. If there is a mistake on our list, even after an investigation, please contact the Magistrate for assistance.

Saphirix
Guild Affiliation: Unknown(at the time of action)
Committed action(s): Failed to complete a mailed transaction of 150g for a Black Tower Shop deed. No response received since the failed incident and it has been 2 years.
Party member affected: Yakazi, MTU Magistrate
--Full story here--

Unorthidox
Guild Affiliation: Omni(at the time of action)
Comitted Action(s): Murdered Osarion while completing a trade in Tindrem. Osarion agreed to a social contract to make a few steel battle axes. While upon the act of crafting the axes, Osarion was killed by the group and lost the steel without being paid for.
Party member affected: Osarion, MTU member

Evrelon

wuuut you make rp you gonna die mofo:eek:

Kubalay

Cuprum Supporter
This is very cool :O

Lark

Yakazi, Arfy and I would be glad to offer your Union a house spot in the Tradewinds Palisade so that those that join you can have a shared location (chests and vendor) to sell things from. We are excited that you are taking on this endeavor and hope that we can work together to improve things for crafters and merchants in Nave.

Kia and Arfy

Beeks

awesome idea im definitely gonna keep my eye on this and see how it goes i enjoy the economy side of the game the most and make some good money with my tamer ;) selling horses and breeding, it would be nice to be able to band with like minded people in the game. great idea

sunshiner

sounds like a really good idear! Once I get my second account setup, id be very interested in joining in on it

Great idea. I've always thought that having one single social system (guilds) which are supposed to supply all a player's networking needs is a very limited mechanic. IRL people have their families, places of work, friends, social clubs, but in game you just have the one thing. I think the MTU is a step in the right direction - very immersive! :)

Btw Yakazi, I've found out that the in game book publishing system doesn't give the authors any money from the sales of books via the Librarian NPC. Apparently SV are aware of the issue and would like to implement a system that does so, but there's no ETA on that. So (as per our PMs) I'm thinking I could maybe offer a publishing service where the authors DO get royalties... at least until SV have a word with their Librarian NPC and start making him pay out...

Thread starter #14
Im glad to see good responses! . Ill be working on information in the reserved boxes over the next few days. And Campana thats cool just sell them to different cities. I will set you up on the list. Pm me your district when you get a chance friend.

Totally amazed by this endavour.
Hopefully will join it when I get more time at my hands. :)

Thread starter #18
I would like to present the new emblem to be used as the endorsement trade mark for shop threads, sponsors, and anything provided by the MTU.

Kudos and a big thank you to union member Slightly Campana for the amazing job!

Rankor

Good luck with your endeavor, Yakazi. :)

Yakazi, Arfy and I would be glad to offer your Union a house spot in the Tradewinds Palisade so that those that join you can have a shared location (chests and vendor) to sell things from. We are excited that you are taking on this endeavor and hope that we can work together to improve things for crafters and merchants in Nave.

Kia and Arfy
And even more good luck to you if you choose to enter this Snake Pit.