The solution to half this games issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

princereaper

Exalted Member
Look at stuff like steel etc, people don't sell that to a vendor but it has a player set economy demand fluctuating price. Now look at horned/ironbone etc, they all sell to the vendor for a set price and we kinda do vendor everything for gold.

The question is, are these items giving to much gold? for their worth? should they not behave in the same way as steel etc? as a resource?
Now there been major complaints since butchery was implemented, now just think butchery in a sense is kinda like mining but mining in safety with a guaranteed return when you sell it to a vendor?

A major issue is that we got vendors and butchering going on behind palisades and half the issue is that these resources have a set gold vendor price.

Now you say? but how would we make gold? well if the resource has a use and a demand, it will have a price set by the players kinda like metals such as steel,tungsteel and cronite.

If the resource is useless then it should not be worth anything. That is the truth to god itself lol.

People may ask, how are you going to get gold in the game then?. well that where PVE comes into place, stuff like killing bandits or killing risers etc, that kinda stuff should be vendorable.

This creates PVP, this creates instant regional hotspots where players would go to these spots to get instant turn around.

Lastly the gold influx into the game would be greatly effected and the game would actually have a fucking economy.

What this fixes

+ your materials can only be sold to players for their actual worth kinda like how steel,tungsteel and other metals sell.
+ Regional resources
+regional wealth
+regional hotspots.
+fucking economy
+ fixes issues with players farming in safety
+ gold influx is greatly decreased
+ PvP groups actually go out roaming, knowing where to go to find conflicts.
+ Not every shitty resource is going to make you money. Now you got to be like damn I got to take a risk or i got to get into a profession or find players to sell these resources for gold.

Basically butchery is still the same shit, but it a actual profession and not some middle man to sell shit to a vendor.

Players make gold from risking their arses out in actual PVE encounters and i'm talking about killing a fucking wisent, i'm talking about taking on a fucking riser warrior with a huge god damn axe and killing his arse while at the same time at risk from player bandit groups coming down on his arse which promotes people to play in groups for safety etc.

Bagamnan

Cronite Supporter
Basically butchery is still the same shit, but it a actual profession and not some middle man to sell shit to a vendor.
At least to this part, could NOT agree more.

If Bowyery is a trade
and Armorcrafting is a trade
and Weaponcrafting is a trade
and Potionmaking is a trade
and NONE of these produced items can be sold to a vendor... how can anyone call butchery a trade when all that happens in reality is you just go and sell the shit to vendors?

Thread starter #3

princereaper

Exalted Member

If Bowyery is a trade
and NONE of these produced items can be sold to a vendor... how can anyone call butchery a trade when all that happens in reality is you just go and sell the shit to vendors?

it so true, i can't believe it hit me till now. We been so brainwashed with games like world of warcraft where you spend hours killing the same shit and selling it to a vendor, we completely forgotten how shit actually works in the world.

Removed some posts.
If you can't post differing opinions without insulting or attacking someone, then it's best not to post at all.

cheaptrix

Cronite Supporter

If Bowyery is a trade

Butchers are just the mining extractors of backing and scales, Maybe if Leather armor was more on par there would be a higher demand to not vendor all of it? It seems either light set scales for mages or steel for fighters w/ some filler items if you cant wear the whole set. But leather? WHERE IS YOUR PURPOSE! other than catching black creft :rolleyes:

Butchers are just the mining extractors of backing and scales, Maybe if Leather armor was more on par there would be a higher demand to not vendor all of it? It seems either light set scales for mages or steel for fighters w/ some filler items if you cant wear the whole set. But leather? WHERE IS YOUR PURPOSE! other than catching black creft :rolleyes:

The problem with butchery is that ppl sell even the useful materials like ironsilk, platescales, horned, molarium, etc. to the vendor, because the price is so high and you dont have to risk transporting anything.

Bagamnan

Cronite Supporter

What do you do with that ore you've just mined up, or the extracted components you get from it. Gonna go out on a limb here and say that you don't vendor it. You either process it or you trade it to other players. The way it should be.

Leather and other stuff's usefulness is a problem with the leather/other item. NOT the problem of butchery. So in this example, if leather/other extracted mats got buffed to usefulness, you'd be in favor of treating it exactly the same way as mining? Right? No more direct vendoring the shit?

That's the point here. Butchered mats need to be traded BETWEEN players. Not used as a stepping stone to LOLezProfit

cheaptrix

Cronite Supporter
The problem with butchery is that ppl sell even the useful materials like ironsilk, platescales, horned, molarium, etc. to the vendor, because the price is so high and you dont have to risk transporting anything.

I actually keep a lot of my materials so I can always have a ready supply on hand in various towns in case I need it. Once my stocks are at a point I'm comfortable with and no one else in the guild is in need of any or knows anyone hurting for some plate scale, yes to the butcher it goes. Plate scale for it's weight class, is garbage though compared to Pansar scale and since prowers is/was the #1 breeders choice of bill paying, everyone and their mothers has plate scale they don't use, and if you have a ready supply of prowers to knock off you will always keep the banks flowing. Have yet to see the effects of todays patch though to see the drop rates of carcass off prowers has changed much.

Kogah

Well fortunately some of us have lives and don't farm en mass... So I fam spider queen for a few days and use the shit from it. Sorry you play this game in such a lame ass way.

Ironsilk vendored? LOL NO

Problem is, who wants to risk trading with other players much when you can be killed with the stuff you are selling right in front of the guards while they play with themselves.

Nowhere is safe = me not want to sell anything to other players. End of story.

At least the NPC won't pull out a sword and kill my crafter while the guards scratch their balls.

ponyKnight

I like your idea, BUT....

1. In game right now we have ALOT of shit materials, what is USELESS.
1.1. Leather. No one use it for armor.
1.2. Alot of useless meat from animals. Every one sell them, couse they are shit.
1.3. Caparaces, coz you CAN"T craft armor from it.
1.4. Alot of materials, what extracted while mining and can't be user in future.

Alot of this materials can be used, if SV make them more good, or find using for it. Made armor craftable from caparaces. Made craftable poison for weapon and arrows. etc etc...
But right now no more use for them. Only selling it to vendors...

2. So, you SV make this change, alot of animals will be useless after that, because they are killed right now only for moneys, after this they will just useless, because shitty materials.

What i want to ask you...

2.1. How new players will make money?
When you are new in this game, it is hard to make your first money for all this books and gear. Killing walking deads is for GAYS and looks like WOW style for me.

Start to kill animals and sell their shit to vendor always was fun for me. I remember open beta times, when game was without this stupid butchering and i with my friends was killing wolfs near fabernum and sell their goods to vendor....And it was pvp hotspot. There always was players, who was farming goods. And alot of pvp.

After stupid fucked in ass butchering, what is just middle man, it was died. Coz you need horse. Coz you need to butchering them on macros....

So, about question. Do you seen bandits in thindrem? Near Fabernum. They are fucking hard to kill. And prices are high. On all books of foot fighter you need alot of money. And after your change how will make money are new players?

Farm animals? But they can't sell their parts to vendor after your change and all animals, who have something good for crafting are hard to kill with worn short sword.

You can farm springboks right now, when you are new, but after you change who will buy them? They don't drop ANYTHING what you can use for crafting.

When you are new, it is hard to kill risars and bandits. With new Ai too.

3. Alot of items you can buy only FROM NPC and for GOLD.
With your change, what will source of gold? Risars and another npc? Lol.

I think, maybe make gold coins craftable by gold and silver? You right now can extract gold and silver, so why don't make coins from it!

3.1. Alot of expensive items you can buy ONLY from NPC and only for gold.
All this books, guild stones, houses. Will prices right now and your changes, it will be impossible to pay all this taxes to NPC and build are house for example. Or buy book like "advanced creature control".

You need to remove vendors, who sell books to and replace them with players, but i don't see any way, how do it. Same with houses.

Thread starter #15
I like your idea, BUT....

1. In game right now we have ALOT of shit materials, what is USELESS.
1.1. Leather. No one use it for armor.
1.2. Alot of useless meat from animals. Every one sell them, couse they are shit.
1.3. Caparaces, coz you CAN"T craft armor from it.
1.4. Alot of materials, what extracted while mining and can't be user in future.

Alot of this materials can be used, if SV make them more good, or find using for it. Made armor craftable from caparaces. Made craftable poison for weapon and arrows. etc etc...
But right now no more use for them. Only selling it to vendors...

2. So, you SV make this change, alot of animals will be useless after that, because they are killed right now only for moneys, after this they will just useless, because shitty materials.

What i want to ask you...

2.1. How new players will make money?
When you are new in this game, it is hard to make your first money for all this books and gear. Killing walking deads is for GAYS and looks like WOW style for me.

Start to kill animals and sell their shit to vendor always was fun for me. I remember open beta times, when game was without this stupid butchering and i with my friends was killing wolfs near fabernum and sell their goods to vendor....And it was pvp hotspot. There always was players, who was farming goods. And alot of pvp.

After stupid fucked in ass butchering, what is just middle man, it was died. Coz you need horse. Coz you need to butchering them on macros....

So, about question. Do you seen bandits in thindrem? Near Fabernum. They are fucking hard to kill. And prices are high. On all books of foot fighter you need alot of money. And after your change how will make money are new players?

Farm animals? But they can't sell their parts to vendor after your change and all animals, who have something good for crafting are hard to kill with worn short sword.

You can farm springboks right now, when you are new, but after you change who will buy them? They don't drop ANYTHING what you can use for crafting.

When you are new, it is hard to kill risars and bandits. With new Ai too.

3. Alot of items you can buy only FROM NPC and for GOLD.
With your change, what will source of gold? Risars and another npc? Lol.

I think, maybe make gold coins craftable by gold and silver? You right now can extract gold and silver, so why don't make coins from it!

3.1. Alot of expensive items you can buy ONLY from NPC and only for gold.
All this books, guild stones, houses. Will prices right now and your changes, it will be impossible to pay all this taxes to NPC and build are house for example. Or buy book like "advanced creature control".

You need to remove vendors, who sell books to and replace them with players, but i don't see any way, how do it. Same with houses.
Well the game economy is screwed up because there isn't one based on supply vs demand, I thought this was a game where the players decide things, not some npc vendor.

Bone tissue can be a component for making arrows for example, you could use leathers for tanning and creating player clothing, not directly related to combat.

You can also use leather hopefully in future as a idea to create furniture. Items should have a purpose aside from 90% of it being vendor material to be sold on a vendor.

It reflects on the game and SV need to create a economy and we can't really have regional resources and stuff if everything is basically the same with a different price tag which just goes straight to a vendor to create gold. How can you effect the game market when all we doing is basically selling the stuff to a vendor.

More power to the players.

Maybe SV will realize what they actually need to do..for once. Oh well need to give players more things to do, like getting more useful shit in the game where every item has its place in the world and isn't just some world of warcraft farm simulator with npc vendors.

There are skeletons, they are focusing on more noob dungeons, I'm sure players would use skinning to find some animal material that is useful for players to sell to each other.

Obviously things take time, and I don't think they should implement this change without making the game more sandbox and less themepark, they should reevaluate the game, see what can be done, brain storm and then work from there.

ponyKnight

Well the game economy is screwed up because there isn't one based on supply vs demand, I thought this was a game where the players decide things, not some npc vendor.

Bone tissue can be a component for making arrows for example, you could use leathers for tanning and creating player clothing, not directly related to combat.

You can also use leather hopefully in future as a idea to create furniture. Items should have a purpose aside from 90% of it being vendor material to be sold on a vendor.

It reflects on the game and SV need to create a economy and we can't really have regional resources and stuff if everything is basically the same with a different price tag which just goes straight to a vendor to create gold. How can you effect the game market when all we doing is basically selling the stuff to a vendor.

More power to the players.
When every one run around in armor, who will use clothing? Only some roleplayers?
I think for leather we have another direction. Make craftable bags for mounts and for players.

And you don't said anything about, what alot of high price stuff you can buy right now only from vendors, like books, bandages, houses, guild stones, etc, etc.

Thread starter #17
When every one run around in armor, who will use clothing? Only some roleplayers?
I think for leather we have another direction. Make craftable bags for mounts and for players.

And you don't said anything about, what alot of high price stuff you can buy right now only from vendors, like books, bandages, houses, guild stones, etc, etc.

Dude, I'm not god, I can't see the future, and I'm pretty sure SV can reevaluate the economy and change things to be more in line with the changes happening but to be honest, the effects can not be seen before a test environment or data has been made.

I just know a economy is better then no economy and this completely solves alot of issues in the game.

Basically just look at how steel, tungsteel and cronite etc have a player set price, but basically everything else in the game doesn't have a use aside from selling to a vendor. Some of these things prices don't reflect their usefulness or demand and currently I can't see myself playing a game where you spent time interacting with a NPC instead of a player. You can create alternate ways to get gold, we got dungeons, we got strong monsters which drop items which can be turned into instant gold turn around.

No one saying, you can't farm anymore, just make it so that certain creatures like in sarducca drop items which can be sold for gold. It brings back the risk, it promotes group gameplay and frankly I feel the game will be much better this way and is more in line with original goal.

+ your materials can only be sold to players for their actual worth kinda like how steel,tungsteel and other metals sell.
+ Regional resources
+regional wealth
+regional hotspots.
+fucking economy
+ fixes issues with players farming in safety
+ gold influx is greatly decreased
+ PvP groups actually go out roaming, knowing where to go to find conflicts.
+ Not every shitty resource is going to make you money. Now you got to be like damn I got to take a risk or i got to get into a profession or find players to sell these resources for gold.

ponyKnight

Dude, I'm not god, I can't see the future, and I'm pretty sure SV can reevaluate the economy and change things to be more in line with the changes happening but to be honest, the effects can not be seen before a test environment or data has been made.

I just know a economy is better then no economy and this completely solves alot of issues in the game.

Basically just look at how steel, tungsteel and cronite etc have a player set price, but basically everything else in the game doesn't have a use aside from selling to a vendor. Some of these things prices don't reflect their usefulness or demand and currently I can't see myself playing a game where you spent time interacting with a NPC instead of a player. You can create alternate ways to get gold, we got dungeons, we got strong monsters which drop items which can be turned into instant gold turn around.

No one saying, you can't farm anymore, just make it so that certain creatures like in sarducca drop items which can be sold for gold.

SV said they going to implement more ways for instant gold returns and I thought to myself, why the hell does every animal material sell to a vendor.
You just replace farming with pve. Players will grind dungeons, how they was grind razorbacks. So what are difference?

Thread starter #19
You just replace farming with pve. Players will grind dungeons, how they was grind razorbacks. So what are difference?

I need to go to work, maybe you can read this thread and maybe you find your answer because its already there.

If you don't know, by the time i get back from work, I can tell you.

ponyKnight

I need to go to work, maybe you can read over this thread 100 times and maybe you find your answer because its already there.
You are replace one way to make gold with interaction with npc to another. And why you can't be on forums, while you are work? I am at work there.

I always made my gold by killing npc after awakening, and what difference? I will farm risars like always, make gold and sit in my keep, watching on my steel miners.

Status
Not open for further replies.