The TC balance EASY fix to bring back players

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Maybe one day there will be classic server for bug fixed "Dawn" era MO like P99 for Everquest and the host of Classic WoW servers. Now that would be SUPER.
Yes; but it wouldn't exactly be Mortal Online (to some).

Games don't have a time-definite lifespan, but they do have one, and I have to suppose (since I have seen games die by ending and also by changing beyond recognition) that Mortal Online would end with a whimper rather than change radically by rolling back long-planned features with considerable ego-involvement. (In other words, @MolagAmur is right.)

Thread starter #23

Dalacor

I wont lie, Gloria Victis has given me everything I ever wanted from a game and for the first time since I started Mortal in Dawn era, I dont mind about MO being what it is. Sad, but I have let go...... Judging by the community, lots and lots of MO vets have done the same thing. GV is 90% fun and 10% grind as opposed to 50% grind, 45% waiting, 5% fun.

MolagAmur

I wont lie, Gloria Victis has given me everything I ever wanted from a game and for the first time since I started Mortal in Dawn era, I dont mind about MO being what it is. Sad, but I have let go...... Judging by the community, lots and lots of MO vets have done the same thing. GV is 90% fun and 10% grind as opposed to 50% grind, 45% waiting, 5% fun.
I dislike GV personally, but def see a lot of things it has over MO. Everything has felt meaningless in MO for the past 5+ years. There are zero game mechanics to drive players to get out and fight over stuff. I like sandbox and freedom, but you gotta give people things to want and fight for. It's been the same ole shit for too long and every encounter just felt forced.

Sad all us MO vets are gonna split ways eventually...but it's only Star Vaults incompetence to blame.

I dislike GV personally, but def see a lot of things it has over MO. Everything has felt meaningless in MO for the past 5+ years. There are zero game mechanics to drive players to get out and fight over stuff. I like sandbox and freedom, but you gotta give people things to want and fight for. It's been the same ole shit for too long and every encounter just felt forced.

Sad all us MO vets are gonna split ways eventually...but it's only Star Vaults incompetence to blame.
Would you please leave already.

You have spent more time not playing MO than you have playing, you are more of a Non-MO Vet than MO Vet at this point

You keep posting in the MO forums in more than one post that you are through with MO and let it go.

Yet here you are:rolleyes:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member

You have spent more time not playing MO than you have playing, you are more of a Non-MO Vet than MO Vet at this point
The fallacy that to be a consumer you have to keep consuming.^^

MolagAmur

You do realize that if all people like me left completely years ago that there is a very high chance you wouldn't even be able to play this game right?

Also, I've known people on here for damn near a decade. Who are you to tell me to leave? I literally dont even know who you are.

Would TC rebalance bring me back?
I really don't think it would.
One could argue if TC killed the game or not.
Maybe its a mix of all the bad things that happened since then? + that maybe the game has just ran its course?
The state of the game now kinda reminds me of Wurm Online that i played prior to MO.
The PvP community was hanging by a thread and was slowly dying, until there only was a few vets left here and there and the Epic server ended up as a ghostland.
Just like with MO the few ppl that were left or allready had left were constantly trying to come up with things that would "save" the game and constant balancing battles within the community.
In Wurm i tried to return but it just wasnt the same. Now im in the same situation with MO.
It just never will be the same as my first 2-3 years in this game, on top of that there was the breach and i think what little hopes ppl had left probably ran out.

/end rant, sorry if i came off as a negative douchebag
have some shit clips from my adventures

Balance alone doesn't resolve stagnation, it goes a long way in retention and playability though. To grow, a game like MO needs a future state to look forward to. Individually, and as a whole community. Every Kickstarter, GoFundMe, and early access game is based on this fact. Balance for TC, Mounted, Pets, combined with an exciting future vision for MO would go a long way. Unfortunately, I think the future Henrik envisioned has already arrived and it's underwhelming.

It's really sad to see this game to die, because it had such a huge potential. There's rarely any game that messes with the standard races formula that Tolkien cemented with classical humans, elves, dwarfs and orcs. MO still has those, but it takes different approach to them. Races still have their magical elements in their lores, but they all look so real. Full loot also makes owning something meaningful, there are many systems that if properly balanced could be amazing, but there's that damned feeling of incompetence. Like team of SV doesn't have a proper game designer who will polish the design of the systems and tie them together. On paper MO is amazing, but execution is really flawed. even still I love this game and it really saddens me that I could never see it's golden age, just it trying to grasp last strands of life

You do realize that if all people like me left completely years ago that there is a very high chance you wouldn't even be able to play this game right?.
I pretty sure Mortal Online would be doing a lot better without people like you.

I have been playing since the beginning, and during the many years you haven't have not been playing, and I'm still playing, and I for one would fucking love it if people like you left for good.

Its been my multiple subbed account that I have kept subbed through out the years and people like me that have kept Mortal Online going, not people like you who have spent more time not playing then they have playing Mortal Online

Who are you to tell me to leave? I literally dont even know who you are.
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

Keurk

I pretty sure Mortal Online would be doing a lot better without people like you.

I have been playing since the beginning, and during the many years you haven't have not been playing, and I'm still playing, and I for one would fucking love it if people like you left for good.

Its been my multiple subbed account that I have kept subbed through out the years and people like me that have kept Mortal Online going, not people like you who have spent more time not playing then they have playing Mortal Online

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
what do you exactly mean by "people like you" ?
You think people who spent a bilion hours suggesting and trying to improve the game have no rooms to be criticizing the way things have evolved? Is saying what is wrong shocking you or something? why in the hell would you like less pvpers, legit players ( molag is a fair player, don't cheat etc, provided guild activities, tried to recruit people )
why the hell would you like people like that not playing ? You think your attitude on the forum is more positive than his attitude? what was your old forum username? so we could understand where you coming from and what you suggested and done for this game. "people like me that have kept MO going" but if you are happy by maintaining a dieing thing at the article of death and find acceptable to sub multiples account to support a game, maybe you should ask if that is not people like yourselves that are bad for this game

what was your old forum username? so we could understand where you coming from and what you suggested and done for this game
Based on his typing style/mannerisms, high almighty attitude, and how he likes to reiterate how he is still here, and everyone else is not(The typical response from older RPK players) - It's either Manflayer or Sackpunch.

The funny thing is, the people who don't play anymore, were what made this game fun and interesting. The political plays, the guild & player rivalry which resulted in meaning conflicts, or just even general player interactions - They're the ones who made this game manageable and made it easier to look passed all the flaws in MO. But lack of polishing old content and instead adding new half complete stuff that just threw off game balance, economy, and just made the game this tedious mess, ruined it all.

Now we just have this boring broken empty world, full of walls and simple uninteresting minded people that play.

The fallacy that to be a consumer you have to keep consuming.^^
Your word in this game means nothing, you don't play and never accomplished anything when you did, but you claim many thing your are not entitled too.

You are like some crazy cat lady standing in front of Walmart telling everyone "happy birthday" and always jumping in on conversations you have no part of.

For the wife of Mirt I had expected more:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The funny thing is, the people who don't play anymore, were what made this game fun and interesting.
No, they all were most definitely not, some the rare some but definitely not all.

The political plays, the guild & player rivalry which resulted in meaning conflicts, or just even general player interactions.
Name one such

Its only meaningful if you are a part of it, which you are not

They're the ones who made this game manageable and made it easier to look passed all the flaws in MO.
Again, who and what did they do?

Now we just have this boring broken empty world, full of walls and simple uninteresting minded people that play.
You have not played more than twice as much as you have, even now you complain about things that you have no part of

Theres legit more quit vets on this post than current players lol. Something tells me that the game isnt in a great state.

One of the biggest parts of MO is the community. Runescape you may never see the same person twice but MO you interacted with many of the same people over and over for years. Vets who no longer play are still members of the mo community. I'd almost say they are more member status than most of the current players.

I was pretty incognito in game but even I have many players I remember who I would still like to see around on the forums and discord regardless of if they still play or not. If they all leave mortal would lose a big part of itself.

Theres legit more quit vets on this post than current players lol.
The vast majority of the "legit" quit vets have not played for far longer than they have actually played Mortal Online, there are "legit" noobs with more game time under there belt.

What you have is "legit" salty ex players who can't seem to move on, and haunt the forums like estranged ex girl friends

No, they all were most definitely not, some the rare some but definitely not all.

Name one such

Its only meaningful if you are a part of it, which you are not

Again, who and what did they do?

You have not played more than twice as much as you have, even now you complain about things that you have no part of
The old breed were far more politically & militarily motivated. There was more energy and charisma behind the older players. It made rivalries fun, and gave people something to log into. There was variety guilds too, adding their own flavor - PvP guilds, Empire guilds, RP guilds, APK guilds. Each with their own personalities adding fuel to the Military or Political fires.

This day and age, you get called a racial slur over voip, then get asked "u mad bro?" - and that's classified as top tier politics....

I could name a long list of people, but what good would that do? Other than you just rolling your eyes, disregarding it and then giving some smart arse reply.

I have no idea what this means "You have not played more than twice as much as you have" - But I've played my fair share over the years, I would estimate 5000+ hours. I played a bout 450 hours last year, then got bored because you know, boring empty world, nothing but walls and boring people. I mean, I did get a laugh when I rekt your boys in a 2v2, then woke up to being ninja sieged the next day. Made me happy knowing you guys still take losses to heart :)

Last edited: