TIME TO MAKE GAME FREE ¿MO MORE SUBS? IS TIME LIBERATE MO?

Forgotten veteran here of days long passed. I too would return to Mortal Online if the subscription was removed or at least significantly reduced. I would much more prefer a one-time purchase, even if it's on par with a retail AAA release ($60+). If it were entirely free, I'd worry about how they would make enough money to support the servers and staff.

Speznat

i would love a sub model that i variable thats like we start with base sub of 5 euros at first
the more players the game get the more the costs split and the sub goes lower. if the population gets less its gets higher, like to a max of 14.

that would be a nice sub model.

like fo example sv have expenses of just an example of 12k a month

and if we would for example have 3500 players new mortla i mean that sub concept is good i think, that costs are always covered and people are engaged to bring more people in. than everyone have only to pay 3,42 Euros each month. that could be a game changer. and a max sub costs of 12 euros.

Average steam users was around 180 about 2 years ago. Now were at 50 no major effort will be made by SV to recover the population. If the game were totally free to play but had set donation goals to keep the severs running pay staff and to fund MO2. That would bring more people into the game more money and more interest in MO2.

Henrik killed this game when he announced MO2. No significant content since housing and elemental magic an island for noobs years to late and a triple A price tag on a game not worth anywhere near that today. You got to just let it go every game dyes someday.

I know a lot of vets that said where going to play if the game was f2p 2 years ago, now i doubt they will even play it if its free.
Just checked steam charts, theres 35 people on. Which means theres a 10 people average with 3 accounts each.

10 people MMORPG, BURP-GG.

I know a lot of vets that said where going to play if the game was f2p 2 years ago, now i doubt they will even play it if its free.
Just checked steam charts, theres 35 people on. Which means theres a 10 people average with 3 accounts each.

10 people MMORPG, BURP-GG.
If those vets did come back chances are many of their accounts would have been hacked from the breach the current game is beyond recovery at this stage.

Keurk

If those vets did come back chances are many of their accounts would have been hacked from the breach the current game is beyond recovery at this stage.
pretty much this. SV incompetence at finest.

sad thing is SV doesnt even read or reply to any of this

In their mind, whatever left of the players in this game is just a bonus salary..... their main focus now is on their next game cos they assuming everyone is going to sub when its released

they dont know people are moving on cos their bad decisions

oykd

look at albion before going f2p and now. holy shit people everywhere.

Dalacor

Interestingly MO2 launch could only benefit from MO getting some players back surely. If they emailed all old MO players and said they can play free till MO2 its more than likely going to encourage people to pay for MO2 when MO servers are shut down.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Kinda, sorta.
"If they emailed all old MO players and said they can play free till MO2 its more than likely going to encourage people"...​
who can still gain access to the addresses they signed up with, and who can log into their game accounts and who don't find anything missing or can get that missing stuff back when they do...
"to pay for MO2 when MO servers are shut down."

Which is not going to be for a while, maybe quite a while, even after the release of MO2. According to Seb.

It remains to be seen what are SV's intentions regarding the game. Still takes them a year to make a shitty noob island, that will most likely be missing the content that is required to improve'' player retention or at least generate some sort of curiosity on new players, it wouldn't matter much because there won't be any real player injection unless proper measures are taken (we know that SV only consistancy is to do things slow with absolute bad quality).

What could have been intriguing about MO was 3 years ago. Now offers nothing new, nor particular except nonsense, boring and tedious grind. Logging in and having to watch this ghetto arse textures, brain dead AI, joke crafting classes, broken balance, it weights more than the actual content (placeholder content, actually)

Making this game F2P wouldn't save it, it would only slightly delay the shutdown timer.

SV and their community with their bandaid mentality, challenged AF.

Interestingly MO2 launch could only benefit from MO getting some players back surely. If they emailed all old MO players and said they can play free till MO2 its more than likely going to encourage people to pay for MO2 when MO servers are shut down.
But in their shortsighted mind

"What benefit do we get from giving MO players free access to our game until the release of MO2"

Otherwise if they did care about players, they wouldve done it after their surprise announcement that their focus will now shift to MO2

Thread starter #54
It remains to be seen what are SV's intentions regarding the game. Still takes them a year to make a shitty noob island, that will most likely be missing the content that is required to improve'' player retention or at least generate some sort of curiosity on new players, it wouldn't matter much because there won't be any real player injection unless proper measures are taken (we know that SV only consistancy is to do things slow with absolute bad quality).

What could have been intriguing about MO was 3 years ago. Now offers nothing new, nor particular except nonsense, boring and tedious grind. Logging in and having to watch this ghetto arse textures, brain dead AI, joke crafting classes, broken balance, it weights more than the actual content (placeholder content, actually)

Making this game F2P wouldn't save it, it would only slightly delay the shutdown timer.

SV and their community with their bandaid mentality, challenged AF.
Albanjo bro, mi friend!! jaja Nice see you.

Come on, not all is bad jajaj if not we not play! But yes is true, game is old and MO2 is necesary for begin again. Starvault make a lot of shit but you know, the game base plan not bad, simply i supose they have a small program team and yes, the noob island honestly....not look as diference for make game great, but i feel the best idea now is focus in MO2 and make free MO. Is my opinion but you know...

Thread starter #55
TIME TO MAKE FREE TO PLAY MO. STARVAULT STOP SLEEP!!!
GAME IS EMPTY!!
We need players!! Forget money!!!!
If not make players return myrland close!!!
I cant make miracles!!!

PUT GAME FREE!!!! AND ACTIVATE SHOP!! COME!!!

Last edited:
I think I agree with this. I doubt the subs you get right now matter overmuch to SV bottom line, so in long term player base interests, you should let people combat at full skill, but leave property ownership to only sub.

Perhaps you could make it hurt a little more by having it also no sub no mounts. But some number would return I bet if they could combat at full otherwise.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I doubt the subs you get right now matter overmuch to SV bottom line, so in long term player base interests, you should let people combat at full skill, but leave property ownership to only sub.
I agree, but only because the trickle of new subs Star Vault is always getting is probably at an all-time low RIGHT NOW.

Giving f2p accounts a temporary unlocking of combat skills ("until <MO2 or something>", without the ability handle property) would be better than
  • doing nothing, or
  • stopping subs.

[EDIT: Added Link] Yeah. I've tried, but I can't believe they don't need more money. Still, there's possibly not a lot of additional money to be had at this time.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I'm secretly hoping this is all a rich man's past time, and the actual business metrics don't really matter.
Comforting way to put it! I'll try to think of that as a major possibility.

I think I agree with this. I doubt the subs you get right now matter overmuch to SV bottom line, so in long term player base interests, you should let people combat at full skill, but leave property ownership to only sub.

Perhaps you could make it hurt a little more by having it also no sub no mounts. But some number would return I bet if they could combat at full otherwise.
You are missing the point, most people won't play if they have to sub to an empty broken game. I hate that false modesty of the community trying to "convince" SV that making the game fully f2p will still bring them some profit when the reality is that they have been draining the community with subs and repaying with shitty patches, now that everyone realized that, the game is not worth paying for.
If SV had some degree of criteria or competent developing the game could be heading to be a classic and not a forgotten ass UE3 broken game.