Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
Old PDF file explaining the flagging system;
http://www.mortalonline.com/files/flagging/MO_Flagging.pdf
(Couldn't find an updated version)

From many posts I read lately, it seems like many peoples are confused on what is considered good and evil in this game. I'm not sure if they're actually serious due to a lack of knowledge about the game or they are just kidding but I thought it might be good to clarify it a little, the game has been out for quite some times and the MO website does not contain a lot of information on the game afterall.

Your flag is the colored icon next to your health and stamina status bar.

It is all explained in the PDF file but basically, if it's blue, you are a law abiding and inocent citizen and if it is grey or red, you are a criminal.

Now, there is many different situations that can happen in Mortal that can make this system confusing. It also has flaws, for instance, due to very restrictive war mechanics, guilds soldiers often are forced to become red to fight their guild ennemies.

Nontheless, if you or your guild engage in actions such as griefing, stealing, killing, threatening, sieging, etc. against other individuals or guilds with no prior provocation from them or agreement, it makes you the agressor and the evil party and that guild or individual has all the rights to defend himself with whatever means he deems necessary other than outright cheats and hacks.

A few examples;

-You are roaming on the Myrland steppe, you see someone decked out in full combat gear, you decide you kill him and loot his gear and you think it is alright because he was in combat gear. It is not, perhaps he needs combat gear for whatever he was headed out to do?

-You witness a blue player (supposedly innocent) try and get in the way of another player that is hunting skeletons at the graveyard, the player accidentaly hit the blue player and thus become grey and the blue player kill him, you just witnessed a crime and you can take actions against that blue player as he is no longer an innocent citizen.

-You see 2 groups of players fighting eachother or 1 group fighting 1 blue player, best option here is to not interfer until you know the reasons of that fight as from your point of view, any of the two party could be right or wrong.

Basically, blue players should be considered innocent until proven otherwise despite the flaws of the system.

You can of course decide that the Tindremic law does not apply to you or your territory but that doesn't necessarily allow you to kill randomly and not be considered evil, atleast whenever you are outside your territory. If you do abide by different rules I would suggest you post a mission statement to clarify your positions and rules within your territory for all the community to see.

Of course, a blue player member of a guild known for criminal actions can reasonably be considered a criminal too.

Thread starter #4

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
As far as I can tell, Khurite has been conquered by Tindrem, there are Tindremic guards in all their towns and city.

Also, if whatever city is captured by a guild, that guild now rule it obviously...

As far as I can tell, Khurite has been conquered by Tindrem, there are Tindremic guards in all their towns and city.
Khurite Lictors are part of the ATF. The department of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Flanged Maces.

Kentalis

The Khurite confederation isn't part of the Tindremic Empire as far as I know. The reason there are Tindremic guards in the town is because the art department hasn't gotten around to making Khurite guards, not because Tindrem conquered them.

I think they may be allies, or more likely loosely affiliated trading partners.

Cruzxavier

The Khurite confederation isn't part of the Tindremic Empire as far as I know. The reason there are Tindremic guards in the town is because the art department hasn't gotten around to making Khurite guards, not because Tindrem conquered them.

I think they may be allies, or more likely loosely affiliated trading partners.
Exactly..if the tindremic empire conquered all of the khurite territories why isnt there tindremic lictors in MK or Toxai then..? The art guy owes us some explanation on the clothing of these two towns :mad:

Thread starter #8

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
Well, art department doesn't cut it roleplay wise.

There are tindremic guards in khurite towns, it's conquered.

I am curious if there will be Tindremic forces (NPC) on the new continent or it will only be representated by guilds.

Kentalis

I would probably be really, really pissed if I go over to the new continent and see Tindremic Guards. If they aren't going to bust out the artwork for the new continent release, then we are probably stuck with Tindremic Guards for a very, very long time.

Keurk

i try to dont give a shit about law in real life. I certainly do not give a shit about what the emperor said,for me he's like god, he'll exist when i'll see him. untill then, i am the law

Thread starter #11

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
i try to dont give a shit about law in real life. I certainly do not give a shit about what the emperor said,for me he's like god, he'll exist when i'll see him. untill then, i am the law
I presume you talk about your territory and i am curious, what rules do you go by as a criminal?

Keurk

I presume you talk about your territory and i am curious, what rules do you go by as a criminal?
im not talking about my guild territory especially . for you it is black or white. Yesterday i was on my blue in meduli helping the town citizen against ES (who are my friends ) just for ,you know, pvp, 2 days ago i was with ES against thoses same meduli citizens, again for fun and pvp. Then yesterday after i helped meduli citizens, few of my guildmates cames and we then turned on the meduli citizen (no backstab, we didnt just suddently on someone we were helping 2sec ago) the adventure ended when i got killed by para 2hours later. There is no rules for me except the "have fun" rule. your tindremic rules is only doable where blue guards are, and it is too much of a roleplay thing for me to have fun (a bit yes, too much no ,and most important, i think judging player on his flag is the worst thing to do)

I got a question for you, are you a cop in real life?cause if you arent an heavy roleplayer, you sure got particullar soumission to your "governement " (here tindremic law) and looks like you arent able to question anything further the law. Why is your tindremic law legit , what make it more legit than my own law ? your emperor? but i didnt choose your emperor, what is making his power legit, the number of people who voted the law? is that a dictature and a self proclamed power? are you just blindly following the tindremic law without using your brain and question if that law is even good ? (for exemple ,flagging problems like a pure innocent turning grey by attaking a blue pig in the guarden by mistake, your law make him dead by lictor, while i find it complete bullshit)

i am sorry, i am drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.