Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
Hey, I'm new to this... usually MO patches works with launcher but this one doesn't sadly, so I am trying the torrent, so far so good as far as download goes but what about installation? How does it work?

DrussKin

Trial Member
you need an unzip program then you unzip it and extract it to a new folder. The torrent contains everything you need to play the game once you get the new one finished and working you can delete your old game.

Wreml

Hand of the Emperor
Yeah I spent all last night on the launcher and it didn't even finish the first part. And just my luck I got called into work today. So I'm gonna break down and get the torrent program and do it that way tonight.

Thread starter #5

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
I got it installed in like half an hour with the torrent... the mortal launcher is horrible.

Theres no point though, the server is down and I feel like it will be unplayable for atleast a couple days.... Another successful launch SV.

Irontengu

how come they cant pack that file in a way so it unzips itself why do they keep packing this shit in such a way that it requires another program you have to pay for just to unzip the fucking thing

Irontengu

why cant you pack the flipping thing correctly so it unzips itself why do i need this 3rd party pos program that keeps wanting to download other crap or keeps bugging me every monthe for money

Thread starter #9

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
how come they cant pack that file in a way so it unzips itself why do they keep packing this shit in such a way that it requires another program you have to pay for just to unzip the fucking thing
I downloaded free trial stuff just to get it and got rid of them afterward but yeah, it is a pretty crappy way for customers to patch the game.

Its not like its the only way. The torrent its just a way for people that are experienced in doing this to have another option. You guys make it sound like its rocket science when its really simple.

Irontengu

with all the crap going around on the net in the way of crap trojian ridden ,cookie advertisment ridden, binary ninja takeover keeloggers and all the rest of the junk out there ...i do not like having to download a program just to do 1 little thing, that a patch file should be doing anyway. like unpacking itself

I suggest you wait and use the launcher than, it does exactly what you require.

Irontengu

well then tell me how to stop the launcher to stop trying to pull from multipal seeds so i can get a constant download speed instead of getting limiter spammed from 450 kb sec down to 35 kb sec

Malathion

Oghmium Supporter
Downloading torrent showed 3 hours.
Decided to keep the game launcher running - 14% ... at 2 of 4F exe and its been 7 hours yikes

Only way i know how is to run the launcher and open the options. In the second tab called launcher options there is a check box for "force single download thread (disable P2P)"

Irontengu

what does disable p2p mean in that context

why cant you pack the flipping thing correctly so it unzips itself why do i need this 3rd party pos program that keeps wanting to download other crap or keeps bugging me every monthe for money

I have never paid a cent to unzip files. I think you are doing it wrong.

Necromantic

Status
Not open for further replies.