What do you want from PvE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strilan

Exalted Member
@Arfus

Yeah, it could be skill, and then some of us have about 5 guild members to rofl stomp any mob we come across, lmao.

Meh, potato, poTAHto.

I've actually noticed that mob damage seems to be random. In full gear I was taking hits for 68 from a spider, but naked I was taking 6 and 8.

Devs have said they are changing stuff with next patch though. We shall see.
I'm praying for some good news. Not about the mob stuff, but about more things in the game.

:)

eldrath

I`m not sure if it`s random. Are you sure the spiders were of the same level?

As for spiders: I could IMAGINE that the devs gave them some sort of poison attack that hits through armor. But that`s just wild speculation.

Most high damage seen by players are lvl 100 animal special attacks I think. Although it might be a bug with attacks going through armor. Problem is, there is no real testing going on(at least it seems that way) only random encounters which won`t tell us much in the grand scale of things.

Also mobs level very fast, this is why the seem so strong. Most spawns have a lot of lvl 100 animals, where there should be only 1-2.

I think as soon as one mob levels to 100 in the spawn it Gould pause the spawn from leveling maybe 2 at max
Then there will always be a variety

Pakee

I`m not sure if it`s random. Are you sure the spiders were of the same level?

As for spiders: I could IMAGINE that the devs gave them some sort of poison attack that hits through armor. But that`s just wild speculation.

Most high damage seen by players are lvl 100 animal special attacks I think. Although it might be a bug with attacks going through armor. Problem is, there is no real testing going on(at least it seems that way) only random encounters which won`t tell us much in the grand scale of things.

Also mobs level very fast, this is why the seem so strong. Most spawns have a lot of lvl 100 animals, where there should be only 1-2.
I think mobs hits for more untill before they are updated, I mean in the begining sometimes you hiting monsters and your hits doesnt take off of their HP. I think this bug might be connected to hitting throught armor cuz usually that big hits are few 1st hits.

Darran

The current AI is not much better from what the AI used to be, it still has the major flaws why old AI was bad.

1. NPC's going inside you. Its stupid SV still hasn't fixed this, it was one of the biggest issues with old AI, and now its eaven worse. Before the AI just went inside you and you could walk out, now you get stuck inside them or start bouncing on top of their head.

2. NPC's going trought walls. This was one of the biggest issues with old AI as well, they made it better now that the NPC's dont get stuck to meshes and hit you while invisible, they just run trought.

3. NPC's hitting trought walls. This still happens, I don't know why they cant make LOS check for the AI so they wont shoot/hit you if there is something between you.

4. NPC's hitting you from far away. This was one of the biggest issues with old AI as well, it was made better but still happens all the time. The AI stops like 4 meters away from you and hits in the air, and you get hit. Now that you bounce back when AI hits you its fucking stupid you get hit from 4 meters away, bounce back 1 meter and then have to sprint few seconds to get near the NPC to be able to hit it.

5. NPC's going inside each other. How the hell you still haven't fixed this? Its eaven worse now that the NPC's glitch inside each other get teleported out go inside again and repeat this.

6. NPC's hitting you while looking the other way. Its stupid how NPCs look away from you, and shoot or hit you. Was happening with old AI and hasnt changed with the new AI.

These issues, and the AI might actually be called better than the old one was. How I see AI now is its same as before, but not getting stuck to walls and attacking you invisible. Oh ye and it has few differend attacks..

Pakee

Why AI doesnt work like on movies from test server we had before? Will AI work like that soon or?
Honestly I dont know if I want play this game if AI is same as before Awakening.

bjbarsted

I think I am going to reserve my thoughts for once they decide that thy have gotten the lie server how try think it should be
Then we will all know if it's still shit or good

aramsm

The current AI is not much better from what the AI used to be, it still has the major flaws why old AI was bad.

1. NPC's going inside you. Its stupid SV still hasn't fixed this, it was one of the biggest issues with old AI, and now its eaven worse. Before the AI just went inside you and you could walk out, now you get stuck inside them or start bouncing on top of their head.

2. NPC's going trought walls. This was one of the biggest issues with old AI as well, they made it better now that the NPC's dont get stuck to meshes and hit you while invisible, they just run trought.

3. NPC's hitting trought walls. This still happens, I don't know why they cant make LOS check for the AI so they wont shoot/hit you if there is something between you.

4. NPC's hitting you from far away. This was one of the biggest issues with old AI as well, it was made better but still happens all the time. The AI stops like 4 meters away from you and hits in the air, and you get hit. Now that you bounce back when AI hits you its fucking stupid you get hit from 4 meters away, bounce back 1 meter and then have to sprint few seconds to get near the NPC to be able to hit it.

5. NPC's going inside each other. How the hell you still haven't fixed this? Its eaven worse now that the NPC's glitch inside each other get teleported out go inside again and repeat this.

6. NPC's hitting you while looking the other way. Its stupid how NPCs look away from you, and shoot or hit you. Was happening with old AI and hasnt changed with the new AI.

These issues, and the AI might actually be called better than the old one was. How I see AI now is its same as before, but not getting stuck to walls and attacking you invisible. Oh ye and it has few differend attacks..
At the beginning I thought AI had changed, but after I played a while I cant see what have changed. What have changed SV? I know that now we have that level feature, but all that Darran said is true and it was the biggest issues that we had in the past, the excuses that we didnt have guards and Tindrem in the past. Now we still have them... and have guards and Tindrem... I know there are some bugs thar require a lot of attention, like trade brokers, but AI was the main achievement of this exp but you couldnt do it. So please, have a look into this ASAP.

Why AI doesnt work like on movies from test server we had before? Will AI work like that soon or?
Honestly I dont know if I want play this game if AI is same as before Awakening.
What video are you talking about? All videos that I watched looks like AI works the same, guards and mobs (watch that one with sators) walk 4 steps, stop and attack, 4 steps, stop, attack. Others was just stress tests.

Pakee

What video are you talking about? All videos that I watched looks like AI works the same, guards and mobs (watch that one with sators) walk 4 steps, stop and attack, 4 steps, stop, attack. Others was just stress tests.
Video showing how guards ''will'' work on Awakening from weekly updates from focus group.

aramsm

Video showing how guards ''will'' work on Awakening from weekly updates from focus group.
On this video (
) you can see that they walk "4 steps, stop, attack" like it is now. For guards its noticeble at 1:40+- and sators are pretty easy to notice. A sator also perform an attack when he is back to the player, but we cant see if he hits them. Sadly I think is the same AI.

Darran

Only things changed with AI are that they got differend attacks, levels, dont get stuck in walls (now they run trought), and they dont hit from so far away. All the main issues we had with old AI are still in as listed in my earlier post.

Ithildur

Silver Supporter

I totally agree.
Btw, is it confirmed that the AI isn't working as intended and it did work on the test server?
Or ist that just the community's speculation?
AI doesn't have to be A++, but you should see the idea behind the changes.

aramsm

I totally agree.
Btw, is it confirmed that the AI isn't working as intended and it did work on the test server?
Or ist that just the community's speculation?
AI doesn't have to be A++, but you should see the idea behind the changes.
For me is community speculation since I can detect the same issues we have on those test videos. But Im not sure, an official word from SV would be nice.

Only things changed with AI are that they got differend attacks, levels, dont get stuck in walls (now they run trought), and they dont hit from so far away. All the main issues we had with old AI are still in as listed in my earlier post.
Your list resumes all issues that we had and have with AI. They need to fix it as a start. The first one is one of the biggest, since we have handle hits this broke every fight against a mob.

deathshroud

Exalted Member
for the most part the guards are an example of a working ai in MO. Most creatures though it seems have the exact same ai they had pre awakening. They still stand around idle and not agroing or they take a long time to detect a player. Also the actual pet following isnt any better they just teleport to you when they get stuck. They also seem to stop every few seconds which is annoying as hell.

for the most part the guards are an example of a working ai in MO. Most creatures though it seems have the exact same ai they had pre awakening. They still stand around idle and not agroing or they take a long time to detect a player. Also the actual pet following isnt any better they just teleport to you when they get stuck. They also seem to stop every few seconds which is annoying as hell.
Before you could sling them by stucking em and releasing :p

aramsm

for the most part the guards are an example of a working ai in MO.
You mean that AI is like AI guards or AI should be like AI guards? Guards do the same mistakes that other mobs, dont you notice that? They get inside each other and walk weird (4 steps-pause), if you get on their way they will simple pass throw you instead to avoid and take another way. They are not an example of working AI for me.

It was 8 months of waiting this patch, most MMOs have an AI that dont shoot from walls and dont go inside or throw ppl or other npcs. I saw new features in the game like the level system, trade brokes, graphics etc. but the main goal was AI wich is a feature that I dont see in the game. Is the same AI with some tweaks, tweaks that dont change much. Darran's list of issues is what I wanted to see fixed since Ive started playing MO. I was hoping that awak would bring those things for me but it didnt. I could be wrong but it seems that Devs dont know how much mobs getting inside you broke the game. Its not a silly issue devs, because of the handle hits this issue makes the combat a lot harder and I take unecessary hits from mobs. And we have this issue since 2010, when Ive started playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.