WHAT HAVE BEEN THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYERS IN THE MO'S HISTORY AND WHY?

Sarkhan

SOAKED is absolutely right. Godly was nothing more than a hack. A well known hack, nonetheless.

Diphrael: Leader of a great guild, I believe he would still be here if it wasn't for the leaked information
Killox: Leader of a great guild
Gigamo: Awesome possum PvP'er whose name is well known
Aralis: Leader of a great guild
Classix: (I forget his forum name) most well known for his 'volumizing' of potions, but he and his guild would roam every city and slaughter mercilessly.

Barcode
Aku and Cuolshan
The Archivist
Resin
Golgotha
Tuhtrum

In no particular order. Fighters warring back and forth don't make for greatness. Strategy, research, creative achievements change the game for everyone.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Last edited:

Sarkhan

You're just testing me, aren't you?

If you mean @Tuhtram , say so. He deserves that much, and much more.
If we're mentioning great minds, what about Lucius Hanno? He archived a great deal of history, whether that information is retained on our boards - I'm not sure. I miss these people, not many have the patience or passion to do what they did (the people Godkin listed).

I can't just pick 5 lol There's been so many people over the years that have offered something to mortal, politically to knowledge/Information, to adding something trade wise, to providing events.

I'm just going to drop a list of people I remember that offered something to Mortal from the above categories. I'll forget a lot of people since old man memory, or I'll miss people out, especially during the really early days of Mortal as real life restricted me to small pockets of playing, so missed out on a lot dramas back then lol

Diph (Politics & knowledge/Information)
Mort (Politics Knowledge/Information)
Various EC/7L/ENVY nerds.(Politics & Knowledge/Information)..(Pluro can still suck my nuts)
Kuthara (Politics)
Aralis (Politics & RP)
Ichorous (Trade & knowledge/Information)
Slyy (MO Map guy)
Arfete (Politics & Trade - NTC Event)
Gigamo (Nutty hybrid, videos gave good exposure for MO PvP)
Silberauge + other FL (Politics)
Shinzon (Politics)
Bernajo (Events)
Theia (Events)
Caldros or Malachi?(Can't remember which one was the big brain WSX guy - But Politics & RP)
Resin (Knowledge/Information)

Aphilas (Politics)
Killox(in his early days - Politics)
Older RPK leadership (Politics)
Vlad (Politics)
Golgotha (Knowledge/Information)
Retox (Politics & Events)
Tuhtrum (Knowledge/Information)

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
If we're mentioning great minds, what about Lucius Hanno? He archived a great deal of history, whether that information is retained on our boards - I'm not sure. I miss these people, not many have the patience or passion to do what they did (the people Godkin listed).
In my opinion, Lucius Hanno was the slightly superiour historian, compared with The Archivist, with less of the The Archivist's tendency to just (apparently) make stuff up if he didn't know. (Note: these don't count as 'picks' of mine, at this time.)
PM to Sarkhan which would be OT for this thread to be assumed <here>.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Caldros or Malachi? (Can't remember which one was the big brain WSX guy - But Politics & RP)
Caldros? He wasn't even the brains of the Valkran family (Azidano was that), much less of any iteration of Wessex.

You mean Malachi, and you should not fail to mention Rhygar in connection with him, as they were a team for politics (including, with preparatory guidance / post-hypnotic suggestion from @Nidhogg, the perfidious betrayal of Aegis Imperium by Wessex), as he and I (erstwhile as Laylah Sothenic) were a team for Lore, RP, and drafting of treaties.

I'll never forget the dignified setting in which Shinzon (along with Zangler) was invited to "kiss the ring". Still cringe-worthy after all these years.

Disclaimer -- You might not share my opinion of how very, very little any of this matters now and how much less it will matter in the ephemerally-feasible, far-flung fabulous future of MO2-- but #MarkMyWords:

https://web.archive.org/web/2010090...discussions-ai-prom-treaty-3.html#post1011962

Last edited:
SOAKED is absolutely right. Godly was nothing more than a hack. A well known hack, nonetheless.

Diphrael: Leader of a great guild, I believe he would still be here if it wasn't for the leaked information
Killox: Leader of a great guild
Gigamo: Awesome possum PvP'er whose name is well known
Aralis: Leader of a great guild
Classix: (I forget his forum name) most well known for his 'volumizing' of potions, but he and his guild would roam every city and slaughter mercilessly.
What "great" guild was Diphrael the leader of?

Define: Great guild

grendel

What "great" guild was Diphrael the leader of?
I know you are trolling, but hey, you deserve an answer just the same.
The Guttersnipes, GUTS. Their well edited propaganda videos are without equal, their empire was not made by the sword, but by shrewd diplomacy and a net of treaties and alliances. The politics and roleplay of their leaders was entertaining for both enemies and friends. They had a seer, a demonic horseman whose voice was a deathomen, they had a citizen program for Fabernum and they were decent guerilla fighters. They were a worthy enemy that contributed alot to many aspects of MO. They and their large alliance also suffered one of the most embaressing defeats to a much smaller force of elite pvp'ers.

Many generations of Nave have come and gone. Different names stood out in each time frame. These are a few players who I saw as great influence upon Nave...

• Resin, the cartographer. Such a contributor to Education for the Masses
  • Godkin... for the flavour he brought to the game, and the side of RP that didnt stink of sweaty basement nerds.
  • Favonius Cornelius, fellow sophisticated lord of the Nave. Always a loud voice helping tout some love for the unloved sides of MO.
  • Godly... a name, when seen, meant you were going to die soon. Say goodbye to your stuff.
  • Bizzy... made Meduli and its area the busiest and best spot to be on the map. Made being a full-time merchant (without broker) tolerable with all the death and destruction in the area. Also was the man who made me grow a great disliking of guilds and guild policies that can come with them..
Im sure not many will agree with my assertion of influential individuals, but this is what I saw, and felt.
Any links you can give for Godkin? i wanna learn more about him

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I was beginning to think that no-one would ever ask.

My faith in human curiousity: restored.

Let us begin with a short poem I wrote on the subject:

There once was a red bandit, named Godkin;
He carried a wicked keen bodkin.
He'd follow their scent,
Then tell 'heathens', "REPENT!"
Before looting their carcass and corpse-skin.

And then add a link to this, which partly illustrates the convincing depth of his roleplay by pointing out how, as a player, he's just as materialistic & narcissistic as you might have suspected:

oaqwGQv.jpg

Also see: Godkin's Premature Burial for Mortal Online

Last edited:

MolagAmur

The Guttersnipes, GUTS. Their well edited propaganda videos are without equal, their empire was not made by the sword, but by shrewd diplomacy and a net of treaties and alliances. The politics and roleplay of their leaders was entertaining for both enemies and friends. They had a seer, a demonic horseman whose voice was a deathomen, they had a citizen program for Fabernum and they were decent guerilla fighters. They were a worthy enemy that contributed alot to many aspects of MO. They and their large alliance also suffered one of the most embaressing defeats to a much smaller force of elite pvp'ers.
GUTS were the most annoying people to deal with around Fab. They had no shame in using all the cheese. However, they got shit done and fulfilled their purpose. Everytime I logged onto a crafter I had to watch my back because I knew he was going to get killed at some point.

We (OMNI) also formed an alliance with them. I still regret that decision to this day lol. That was always the curse of owning keeps though...alliances were a must have back then.

Godkin you say? Here you go

SORRY I HAD TO!

So you are saying Diphrael was the leader of GUTS?

Guess my memory must be failing me, I remembered Mort being the leader, but you and Sarkhan would know more than I

Last edited:
I appreciate your interest. You can find me praying or discussing the faith at www.elavamavale.com. Currently under discussion, the end and beginning of the world.
The danger of deep meditative states while training is known. Even though it can help armor training and regain stats, one is vulnerable to pesky heathen mages. Thanks for the reminder and public service offering! :)

Last edited:

Trystram

<font color=#570054><b>The Riddler</b></font>
AngrySully - Greatest shit poster to ever post.Pretty good at the game too.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Greatest shit poster to ever post.
IF we are celebrating this particular talent/affliction¹,

Then surely that title belongs to GUTS Rob, in all his alternate forms?

28354510_zps1c395b6f.JPG

(Or, by sheer volume of posts, @Strilan .)

Figure 1 From the Member Page:
strilan-greatest-Mortal-Online-shit-poster-of-all-time-OF-ALL-TIME.JPG
Strilan: Most Messages - 13,050 | Third Place Likes: 1895 | Most Points: 27,975*
*includes 10,000 for being a player GM, etc.

¹ Neither of these individuals are one of my picks, and neither is the category; this is just FYI & discussion. Good luck & may the Most Egregious Prevail.
² image permalink:

Last edited:
Stiekel, crazy at micro-managing a small guild and planning ahead, which also made his guild "win" defenses with awfull odds by just sheer resources and poopsocking.