WHAT HAVE BEEN THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYERS IN THE MO'S HISTORY AND WHY?

Vaith

Just to clarify on the fairy tale Mort wrote earlier about GUTS,

The beginning might have been true about Guts not meant to have leaders, but Guts at this stage was not the Guttersnipe that people remember, This version of Guttersnipes died and Mort&Diph went on to make a newbie-helping-mage-school type of guild called ORDO

During this time i was the leader of the Guttersnipes, Here is a thread from this time;
https://starvault.se/mortalforums/threads/guts-accepts-dcs-surrender.75671
(This thread also contains the very first "Another victory for the guttersnipes" )

Later i convinced Diph and Mort to come back to Guts and this is the time Guts really "Took off" with the Propaganda videos etc (The Guttersnipes that you remember)

We got the oppertunity to get a Guild Keep. Mort offered to purchase it and thus also wanting to be the "owner" of the keep which required him to be the 'mechanical' guildleader, Owning the guildstone that is.
This was fine for us since we considered us to be equal leaders anyway and ownership was traded.

Fast forward some years - Me, Diph and ManBearPig wanted to kick a person from the guild (Not only because of my horse, He replaced this horse for me) But the main reason being toxic behaviour in voicecom.

Mort was the only person in leadership not wanting to kick this person so instead of honoring what the leaders wanted he declared that we are not leaders anymore, also fabricating that this was just a temporary council all this time.

And since he was the guildleader of the stone, we could not do anything about it.

Then Guttersnipes died.

(EDIT: Then i destroyed his tower https://starvault.se/mortalforums/threads/the-last-guttersnipe.124919/ )

Last edited:
The beginning might have been true about Guts not meant to have leaders, but Guts at this stage was not the Guttersnipe that people remember, This version of Guttersnipes died and Mort&Diph went on to make a newbie-helping-mage-school type of guild called ORDO
Just as Guts existed at the same time as MONO, so too did it during the ORDO period. As it didn't have leaders, it functioned regardless. Whether or not you convinced yourself that you were the sole leader of the guild at any point is ultimately all in your head. You did do a fair bit of recruitment and handled some contracts during that period (as was expected of any of our representatives), and I doubt anyone will contest that.
Later i convinced Diph and Mort to come back to Guts and this is the time Guts really "Took off" with the Propaganda videos etc (The Guttersnipes that you remember).
No. I can't speak for Diph of course, but I decided that the ORDO project likely couldn't function until magic schools were released, and then my focus returned back to Guts. You were not a driving factor or a part of that decision.
We got the oppertunity to get a Guild Keep. Mort offered to purchase it and thus also wanting to be the "owner" of the keep which required him to be the 'mechanical' guildleader, Owning the guildstone that is.
This was fine for us since we considered us to be equal leaders anyway and ownership was traded.
It was a wise decision on multiple levels, for not only did it provide the leverage to prevent the disbanding of the guild when Diph fell into his occasional depressive spells and called for it (which you backed him up on, as I recall), it also allowed me to uphold the principles our guild was founded upon.

It saddened me that neither you nor Diphrael could have filled the role which ultimately required objectively, but the mechanics of the game naturally forced someone into the position.
Fast forward some years - Me, Diph and ManBearPig wanted to kick a person from the guild (Not only because of my horse, He replaced this horse for me) But the main reason being toxic behaviour in voicecom.

Mort was the only person in leadership not wanting to kick this person so instead of honoring what the leaders wanted he declared that we are not leaders anymore, also fabricating that this was just a temporary council all this time.
The kick was called for when the horse died, and perhaps it was the straw that broke the gamel's back for you and Diph, but the rest of the guild did not agree.
And since he was the guildleader of the stone, we could not do anything about it.
Yes, and I'm fairly sure most people will agree based on everything we've both said that it was probably for the best that neither of you had mechanical leadership at that point. Ever were the Guttersnipes tyrannical to our enemies, but what is a band of brothers when a few seek to tyrannize their own?
Then Guttersnipes died.
Still alive, would you like a Discord invite?
Several years later when the guild had moved on from the game, while the game began its death throes, and by no power of your own sans gold and mercenaries, yes. RPK did while you watched. The thread before the forum wipe was a fair bit more fun, but that's not your fault, nor do I feel like repeating myself is a good use of my limited time at this point.

Teknique

Just as Guts existed at the same time as MONO, so too did it during the ORDO period. As it didn't have leaders, it functioned regardless. Whether or not you convinced yourself that you were the sole leader of the guild at any point is ultimately all in your head. You did do a fair bit of recruitment and handled some contracts during that period (as was expected of any of our representatives), and I doubt anyone will contest that.

No. I can't speak for Diph of course, but I decided that the ORDO project likely couldn't function until magic schools were released, and then my focus returned back to Guts. You were not a driving factor or a part of that decision.

It was a wise decision on multiple levels, for not only did it provide the leverage to prevent the disbanding of the guild when Diph fell into his occasional depressive spells and called for it (which you backed him up on, as I recall), it also allowed me to uphold the principles our guild was founded upon.

It saddened me that neither you nor Diphrael could have filled the role which ultimately required objectively, but the mechanics of the game naturally forced someone into the position.

The kick was called for when the horse died, and perhaps it was the straw that broke the gamel's back for you and Diph, but the rest of the guild did not agree.

Yes, and I'm fairly sure most people will agree based on everything we've both said that it was probably for the best that neither of you had mechanical leadership at that point. Ever were the Guttersnipes tyrannical to our enemies, but what is a band of brothers when a few seek to tyrannize their own?

Several years later when the guild had moved on from the game, while the game began its death throes, and by no power of your own sans gold and mercenaries, yes. RPK did while you watched. The thread before the forum wipe was a fair bit more fun, but that's not your fault, nor do I feel like repeating myself is a good use of my limited time at this point.
Perhaps you're both correct. At one point being the only remaining council member Vaith effectively ran the guild. You however by wise calculation of both owning the guild stone and use of a political event were able to force some sort of vote of non-confidence. Establishing you as a figurehead.

Perhaps you're both correct. At one point being the only remaining council member Vaith effectively ran the guild.
The council didn't exist yet at that point, as IX/KoV and friends didn't. At the time Killox was leading BH (and had allied with FEAR), and AQ was still in firm control of the Gabaria region.
You however by wise calculation of both owning the guild stone and use of a political event were able to force some sort of vote of non-confidence. Establishing you as a figurehead.
Ignoring the connection to the first bit, the rest is more or less correct though. I acted as a temporary figurehead to prevent the collapse of the guild.

MolagAmur

Mort owned the keep. Mort did the politics. Mort was rank 10 of the guild. Most people contacted Mort when needing to contact Guts leadership.

I'd say Mort was the guild leader.

Mort also took it upon himself to permanently ban me from the alliance teamspeak, effectively cutting off all communications with majority of my guild members, when the OMNI keep drama happened. That...was when I began to dislike him.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I had to hear Rhodri mispronounce 'Mortalitas' often enough to underline the fact that he was the face of GUTS-inc. Claims to the contrary seem like a kind of joke.

As someone re-covering and un-covering and re-dis-covering masses of stuff that Diph- once deleted in his famous, far-flung fit of piqué upon leaving the game & forums, I have to say he seems pretty -frail after all, despite the incontestability of what Star Vault allowed that provoked him.
If you're about to complain about the contents of this spoiler, first ask yourself why you even looked-- you were warned.

My experiences within GUTS, was there were pockets where some leadership figures were more active than others, and then at times were all active.

When I transitioned from OMNI to GUTS, Diph was the more prominent leadership figure for me at that time, he was the reason a bunch of OMNI ended up in GUTS after a clusterfuck of Drama within OMNI, he basically recruited us. At the time, he was also dabbling in politics, especially with ID, at one point during this time, he silver tongued materials out of ID as payment, days after we gave our services to retake ID Keep palisade after RPK had blown the gate off and put their own one down. Also the Huntzman(ManBear) was a reason guys from OMNI went to GUTS, he hung out with us a lot - He wasn't leadership at this time though.

During the 2014 feud between GUTS/FL and the KOTO/WAVE alliance, All leadership figures were pretty active. Mort was doing his politics, Diph was doing his guerrilla warfare thing via war decs and tower knocking as well as some politics, a long with Tukh being quite active here too, in those aspects.

At the time of the Mino cave incident with WZ, which lead to GUTS kicking them out of the citizenship program and then kicking them out of Fabernum, both Diph and Mort were pretty involved with dealing with that.

When the Principality was a thing, there was some politricking going on, with Mort doing some things. I don't remember too much, didn't really get involved with this RP empire thing going on lol

During the prelude of the BBA vs GGA war, where a lot of tension brewed between GUTS/PARA/FL and the Bakti guilds, all leadership figures were pretty active - Diph, Tukh & ManBear were doing a lot of the war dec stuff to piss off BGD and NWO. We even plopped down some Mangs to blow people up at the bank for lols.

When the BBA vs GGA war fully kicked off, everyone was pretty active at the time. Diph and Mort were both doing politics and liaising, Mort was a bit more invested in that part though - Diph, ManBear and Tukh were invested in the fighting/siege aspects quite heavily. Diph did do a little spy operation with an alt character, and joined Blackguard with it, to gain intel on sieges etc from them.

During probably the final ever feud between GUTS and EC/7L, when EC wanted to put towers in our turf and the answer was basically GTFO from us, and lead to us sieging their TC as well as planning to blow their keep up. Mort was the main politics man during this, he was negotiating with EC(as we were blowing their stuff up lol) and ended with a truce. Diph & Manbear weren't too active at this time, Tukh was though and dabbled in the siege stuff.

Near my end in GUTS, all leadership were pretty active, but as you can see from the above conversations in this thread from Mort & Tukh, it was pretty aids due to in-house drama.

Last edited:

Speznat

I was short time in Nuts the second guts guild, because i didnt wanted to get killed by them 24/7 so i sneaked in.

I only remember that guts are those asshole that killed my butcher and crafter ver yoften inside fabernum, and tried to grief me out fabernum what assholes. And the guy Kaiser wich grey listed a friend of mine, becuase kaiser got grey he called guard on his molva and his molva insta dead that was before running guards wer implemented. than he banned him and he quit playing for 1month, thx guts assholes.

I just have shitty experience with guts always there wa sa no discussion thing, like if your not have the tag guts or nuts than you die. even inside the city. Than they got angrier when i stoped selling them shit, and stopped being cheap at the broker. I even offered to pay a little shit that i cna farm or evne craft alone, i mean selling stuff at broker bring people to town but they took little money and continue griefing this fucktards. In my Opinion Guts were just annoying little brats that dont deserve further mention, just a bunch of dickheads and retards.

sry but i never had good experience with them, and i dont chang emy mind even after the past 6 years they still in my eyes idiots.

Vaith

Me being the sole leader during that time is all in my head? What a ridiculous statement.
perhaps me NOT being the sole leader during that time is all in your head.

Oh, and all this talk about:
As time went by, the guild grew and war (the war against IX/KoV, as I recall) eventually necessitated the creation of a council for swift and coordinated decision-making
You just need to check the date of the link i provided where i am clearly the leader it pre-dates the war against IX/KoV, this just prooves that the "Temporary council" made for KoV war is "just in your head".
This is the kind of lies Mort likes to do.

If i did not continue leading Guts during this time, there would not have been a Guts to return to. Guttersnipes would have been a closed chapter that nobody would have fond memories of.

It was a decision of trust and mutual understanding that you then broke. But now afterwards seeing the full picture i guess you never were a man of your word.

No, YOU did not agree. 3 out of 4 leaders voting for something and you ultimately abused the power we had trusted you with to overwrite this vote.
It does not matter what the rest of the guild voted (After you lobbying hard before the vote btw) , we had never held a guildvote to kick someone earlier. This was simply you starting to exercise some sort of dictatorship.
Very scummy move.

Guttersnipes recruited based on personality and the person who did not even play MO (Played Chocobo Online WITH YOU) still sat in Teamspeak spewing toxicity.
What is a Band of Brothers when one person breaks his word to defend his own chocoboo interest when others are plauged by toxicity? (Which again was not your place to defend because it had been decided)

the guildname The Guttersnipes comes with an expectation, atleast in MO.
Sure you can say that its still alive because you have a discord called Guttersnipes. But its not really alive nor the real Guttersnipes - Simply just a generic guildname now.

It would be about the same as a new comedy group led by Amy schumer calling themselves 'Monty Python' I mean sure they can use that name to everyones disappointment but its not and never be the real 'Monty Python'.

Several years later when the guild had died, yes. But you did not stop. you kept paying the taxes on that tower like a good boi, i kept an eye on it.

"by no power of my own" I would say that it is very likely that the tower would still be standing if it was not for me.
Are all those Guttersnipe sieges discredited because ES ran the boulders? I dont think so. If anything this was a very efficient strategy of me as i allied them for 1 hour and built a 100g house to get it done.

TL;DR Mort admits that he did discard the other leaders after obtaining the means to do so by manipulating them to trust him with owning the guildstone.

Last edited:
I was short time in Nuts the second guts guild, because i didnt wanted to get killed by them 24/7 so i sneaked in.

I only remember that guts are those asshole that killed my butcher and crafter ver yoften inside fabernum, and tried to grief me out fabernum what assholes. And the guy Kaiser wich grey listed a friend of mine, becuase kaiser got grey he called guard on his molva and his molva insta dead that was before running guards wer implemented. than he banned him and he quit playing for 1month, thx guts assholes.

I just have shitty experience with guts always there wa sa no discussion thing, like if your not have the tag guts or nuts than you die. even inside the city. Than they got angrier when i stoped selling them shit, and stopped being cheap at the broker. I even offered to pay a little shit that i cna farm or evne craft alone, i mean selling stuff at broker bring people to town but they took little money and continue griefing this fucktards. In my Opinion Guts were just annoying little brats that dont deserve further mention, just a bunch of dickheads and retards.

sry but i never had good experience with them, and i dont chang emy mind even after the past 6 years they still in my eyes idiots.
GUTS aim wasn't to be a loved by all guild. It was a guild filled with murderers, thieves, opportunist and at times, a cataclysm in the political field of Nave, to cause chaos or to gain profit.

Fabernum was the motherland, so if you weren't a friend/ally or apart of the citizenship program and payed a fee, to gain the rights to live in all the glory that was Fabernum - You got to get acquainted real well with the Priest of Fabernum, and learnt not to get attached to your donkey's. It's how GUTS kept control for years and never lost Fabernum to another guild, by ruling with an iron fist.

GUTS was a personality a game like MO needed, it caused political intrigue and interesting interactions at times. It's just unfortunate that you were on the not so pretty side of things.

Vaith

Mort owned the keep. Mort did the politics. Mort was rank 10 of the guild. Most people contacted Mort when needing to contact Guts leadership.

I'd say Mort was the guild leader..
I explained why Mort owned the keep and he was not the Guildstone owner prior to him owning it.
You'd say Mort was the Guild leader? Well good because he was, together with me and Diphrael.

Most people did contact Mort or Diph (I do think Diph more than Mort, Diph was the posterboy of Guts) when needing to contact the Guts leadership. But you did not see the leadership discussions that happened after you contacted them.

Mort was good at ingame research and Politics(Lying and manipulating people)
Was it not you who owned Kranesh keep and Mort used his Principality engineer to "help" you guys?

Little did you know that he kept that engineer with the high rank in the guild afterwards and used it to deconstuct things, such as the Whitebear cave constructions amounst other things. He had a finger in many peoples Pies.
But at the end of the day he served best as an advisor to the leadership, he was not one to stirr the hearts of the people.
most of the time not even playing the game save for logging in to craft for people.

Mort also took it upon himself to permanently ban me from the alliance teamspeak, effectively cutting off all communications with majority of my guild members, when the OMNI keep drama happened. That...was when I began to dislike him
Yeah, there was no vote that time, was there. But if leadership decides to Kick the person his playing chocoobo online with there better be a guildvote for the first time ever.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Little did you know that he kept that engineer with the high rank in the guild afterwards and used it to deconstuct things, such as the Whitebear cave constructions amounst other things.
Oh what a little rat!