What made you quit/take a break from mo?

When the Starter island where announced, it was scheduled for release at new year 2018.
Then it got less priority when we started on the Mortal Royale project, after that, Kittend were about ready to be wrapped up.
So thats why its been pushed back so far, but for the last 5 months, its pretty much the only thing I've been working on, so its on its way!
Thanks for making that a bit more clear Herius! I do appreciate your communications and efforts.

With all of these things we where always assured that they would not effect the normal development of the game. But at least now we are aware that they did cause some delay.

Tehmudjin

Its honestly fucking stupid that there are some easy ass changes Star Vault could do (basically deleting game mechanics) that would revert the game back to at least being playable. But nah, "they worked hard" and want to keep with the "vision" even if its sent the game into the bottom of a shitpit.

Remove TC completely, but keep free house placement. Go back to keeps with palisade walls. Remove pets from the game 100% until it can be added in a proper way. Remove the breeding system and make wild taming great again. Remove NPC guards completely....worst idea the game has had (honestly I'd rather get ninja sieged, which happens ANYWAY).

Do that...and you'll do the game wonders. After that garbage is removed...you can start working on actual good ideas with actual good execution.
I agree, but The shareholders might get upset about SV going "Oopsie! This feature we used your money to develop for The past year had some unforseen consequences so we deleted it".

There are more factors SV has to take into account then player feedback. I spontainiously feel that some features should be able to easily be more balanced, but Im not The one sittning there with limited time and preasure to produce content.

Edit: this fucking chinese Phone.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
My personal activity is going down to more or less farming to pay for guild and private houses and buildings. Announcement of MO2 has been very bad without any time schedule. Subscribed accounts are running out one after another. Usually I paid for six month subscription in the last years for up to four accounts. But in a few weeks I will have two subscribed accounts only and I'm thinking about falling back to one with simply monthly subscriptions of a second account when I need it.

Please, SV, talk to us about the future and a rough time schedule.

Thread starter #45
Speaking of rediculous pets that just ruins the game, I found a video of one as an example

Population died, leaving only large groups and their allies , and small groups became pointless for the most part (don't like big fights, they're just not fun to me).
Pets/Summons started to become broken and unfun to fight.
AI for farming was ridiculous, finally got tired of trying to fight mobs that aren't even on my screen but can hit me.
Got annoyed with the requirement to even try and fight anyone when I did find a small fight being MUST HAVE STEEL ARMOR OR YOU DIE IN THREE HITS, and if you don't have a Cronite or broken weapon, you deal basically no damage (Then again I was an early adopter of fist weapons so... I'm kinda calling the kettle black here cuz they were REALLY broken in the day...)
The community here became to small and toxic it isn't even fun for me to jump on the forums, I check them like once every 2-3 weeks (Yeah, once again my fault I was a toxic troll back in the day too).
Game also just lost the magic... Made the right friends, found out everything I could want to know... And it just stop being a magical experience. Not mad at anyone for that, but once I had the knowledge the spark just kinda... died. Games don't last forever after all.

tbh tho the final straw was my shitty internet where I'm stationed, and the fact that every time I try to fight anyone/thing with it, I randomly DC.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Speaking of rediculous pets that just ruins the game, I found a video of one as an example
You linked a two year old video.

Death Knights bow attacks has gotten a range nerf.
Death Knights weak spots hits have been removed.
Ritual summoned pets control range have gotten drastically reduced.
New Ai line of sight code have been added.

MolagAmur

Summoned pet control range have gotten drastically reduced.
The range nerf is cool, but it doesn't matter because players have stam bars and pets don't.
Not once in the video did the Death Knight weakspot.
Having a "fire and forget" kind of pet is just not fun in this game...because players themselves can be challenging enough. The combat style of Mortal just doesn't work for this kind of stuff.

It always comes down to "too little too late". They were broken for so long that people just couldn't handle it. And its not just a Death Knight problem...there have been MANY things in the past that have sat on live server broken for months.

No weakspots on this video and whatever improvement you did to the line of sight code I can confirm did pretty much nothing

You need to atleast give pets a stam bar so they follow some of the rules players do in combat, they would still act like heat seeking missiles tho.

Whats the point of having fps like combat in the game if someone can just press 1 button to kill you? Might as well make the whole game tab target.

If your programmer cant fix these issues, the only sensible thing left to do is remove pets from the game or nerf their dmg to players by a lot. Leave them for pve but stop ruining the pvp

Thread starter #50

Yes sorry I should have mentioned that before I posted it and I do know you have nerfed them. But, the thing that still bothers me (that I hope you can improve sometime) is that they can still shoot through objects and they can target someone really easily. In a place such as Kranesh you should be able to run and hide behind chimneys, roofs, walls, floors etc and you should be able to escape faster. Even in large bushes and other high terrain areas they can easily target you.

And as other people mentions, pets that's not rideable don't really have a stambar and that's quite annoying.

Thread starter #51
Also another thing that has been mentioned bunch of times is the lack of events the game got. In a game as Mortal where the population is very low they should do more events that really bring people to the same spot and just something that really wants you to hop on the game.

And with events I don't mean the boring Risar spawns outside Meduli once in a while. With events I mean that they should put the information about the event maybe a week in advance on the forums about what location, what loot it's gonna be etc etc..

If they do that, a bunch of people can prepare in advance and more people will attend the event. Also something that gives you excitement and something that you can look forward to. ALSO, something that will probably keep players subscribed to the game. Alot of times I cancelled my subscription because there's nothing happening in the game. No fun guild wars, no conflicts that the game once had etc. But if I knew there were big events once in a while, I would definitely still be subbed just to be a part of that.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

The easiest and most effective "fix" you can do to pets today (aside from removing them) is cut their damage by 70-75%. That super health DK should not have an aimbot ranged attack without a stam bar that hits for more than an Oghmium sword.

Literally how can you think that's ok? That isnt fun for anyone. If you want pets...they need to be support-like....not fuckin demigods. Nerfing command range and crippling the summoner doesnt fix the broken pets.

It's not fun to play a crippled character just so you can have a decent pet. You should have to invest sure, but you wouldn't need to heavily cripple them if the pets themselves weren't overpowered. It could actually be fun to use a pet if it threw out some 10-15s here and there. Or giving certain pets different skills....corrupt, fireball, etc. That way a non-magic user could get a magical spell or two through their pets/summons. Not some 50 damage laserbeam.

Last edited:

Can you reply my PM?

Thanks,
Frikazoide.

Teknique

The easiest and most effective "fix" you can do to pets today (aside from removing them) is cut their damage by 70-75%. That super health DK should not have an aimbot ranged attack without a stam bar that hits for more than an Oghmium sword.

Literally how can you think that's ok? That isnt fun for anyone. If you want pets...they need to be support-like....not fuckin demigods. Nerfing command range and crippling the summoner doesnt fix the broken pets.

It's not fun to play a crippled character just so you can have a decent pet. You should have to invest sure, but you wouldn't need to heavily cripple them if the pets themselves weren't overpowered. It could actually be fun to use a pet if it threw out some 10-15s here and there. Or giving certain pets different skills....corrupt, fireball, etc. That way a non-magic user could get a magical spell or two through their pets/summons. Not some 50 damage laserbeam.
They nerfed most of that.

Eye needs to be kept on the siege mechanics, as sieging is the best pvp. Right now sieging is broke

Thats funny, it's like trying to dry a ocean with a little towel, the whole concept is broken and doesn't fit the game combat, your nerfs doesn't matter, the solution would be remove that cancerous thing from the game. I have nothing against the necro magic, thats pretty cool, but the pets are aids.

No weakspots on this video and whatever improvement you did to the line of sight code I can confirm did pretty much nothing

You need to atleast give pets a stam bar so they follow some of the rules players do in combat, they would still act like heat seeking missiles tho.

Whats the point of having fps like combat in the game if someone can just press 1 button to kill you? Might as well make the whole game tab target.

If your programmer cant fix these issues, the only sensible thing left to do is remove pets from the game or nerf their dmg to players by a lot. Leave them for pve but stop ruining the pvp
EXACTLY what perro said.

Last edited:

Bicorps

Trial Member

How can you still defend Necro Pets after all these feedback ? You dont want understand or you just still dont....

a normal death knight counts as 3 players
a thunderegg death knight counts as 6 players

now combine thunderegg death knights into a group of say 15 players and 5 thunderegg death knights, how many players do you get ?

45 players total. Over half of those players can go through walls and have unlimited stam and regenerate health 3x faster than a player with passive regen.

infact just give death knights a speed buff so they can pretty much never be ran away from because all pvp death knights are faster than the player using them...

This is what you need to do. nerf their damage towards players but keep their damage against creatures/pve the same and we have a fix until something better can be applied.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
How can you still defend Necro Pets after all these feedback ? You dont want understand or you just still dont....
Ah yes... How silly of me to mention that a video posted is two years old, and that we have taken numerous steps to balance that specific mechanic based on feedback. :p

MolagAmur

Ah yes... How silly of me to mention that a video posted is two years old, and that we have taken numerous steps to balance that specific mechanic based on feedback. :p
But you still haven't even broke the surface of balanced...