What made you quit/take a break from mo?

Ah yes... How silly of me to mention that a video posted is two years old, and that we have taken numerous steps to balance that specific mechanic based on feedback. :p

remove your ego from your butt a second please and take those feedback seriously.
Basically what you are saying is the Feedback is not valid because the video is outdated(patch). Its like if you think that we didnt play the game since years and we have no idee what we all talking about.. we clearly know more the game than all your devs team.

When the Starter island where announced, it was scheduled for release at new year 2018.
Then it got less priority when we started on the Mortal Royale project, after that, Kittend were about ready to be wrapped up.
So thats why its been pushed back so far, but for the last 5 months, its pretty much the only thing I've been working on, so its on its way!
So most of the money we put in the game with the hope of getting patch and improving the game just went in a Kitty VR Game and a BattleRoyale Version of Mortal that nobody play....so you took all this money to pay the employee that was working on MO... to work on these games....its basically the excuse here... "we have some delay because we split the team in 3 to make 2 other game that would never get sold"

PS: At least you guys didnt went into Mobile game like Blizzard did so.... I respect that for staying on the PC market.

Last edited:

Teknique

If they removed Necro pets right this second sieges would still be trash. In fact pets are the few things attackers can use.

Save the Necro pet discussion for later imo. Especially since they have been nerfed several times. All Herius is thinking right now is “I nerfed this shit x amount of times and they still crying like dickheads so screw these rats”

Herius, my guild knows everything about sieges. We know how to minimize damage to mangs, prioritize structures and otherwise take away defensive advantages. I’m not simply frustrated because I’m not good enough to be successful at it.

The system is just off. Try to revert some of the Aralis patch. Guard range pet pathing are the main ones.

As much as I don’t want to see 160 man zergs winning conflicts, it’s better than sieges that are just fire arrows from walls

Last edited:
If they removed Necro pets right this second sieges would still be trash. In fact pets are the few things attackers can use.

Save the Necro pet discussion for later imo. Especially since they have been nerfed several times. All Herius is thinking right now is “I nerfed this shit x amount of times and they still crying like dickheads so screw these rats”
little towels wont dry a ocean of shit, and that ocean of shit is pets and AI pathfinding/line of sight in this game. Doesn't work properly, should not be a pvp mechanic.

You have this first person, fast paced melee combat that requires knowledge of parry mechanics, stamina management, team work, communication, knowledge of terrain and locations, and then you have this pokemon master that all he does is press " All pets attack " on somebody and then you have a heat seeking missile monstrosity chasing people going through roofs, walls, floating in the air over a jump that if a player fail to do he takes billions of falldamage, that have no stamina so goodluck trying to outrun it somehow, if you try to kill it? well fuck you cause it has tons of HP and probably will block your attacks and then you will have a guy healing the pet as well, Oh, you trying to go after the guy controlling the pet? the pet is atacking you for 40s, and now he is inside the ground as well, so fuck you, oh you ran out of stamina running from it? don't worry he didn't, he keeps mauling you down.

Last edited:

Teknique

little towels wont dry a ocean of shit, and that ocean of shit is pets and AI pathfinding/line of sight in this game. Doesn't work properly, should not be a pvp mechanic.
My point is if they got rid of dks you’d still log in and having nothing to do. I’d prefer we fix the content issue first. I hate everything about dks too, from the way they’re obtained to how they’re created to how they’re skilled in to. There is absolutely nothing I like about them, but they’re nerfed enough that I can move on to better things for the time being

Ah yes... How silly of me to mention that a video posted is two years old, and that we have taken numerous steps to balance that specific mechanic based on feedback. :p
And our feedback now is that it isnt balanced still. You can keep trying these bandaid fixes that dont address the main problems, but you will go nowhere.

Just accept that your coder is not capable of fixing the pathing/ line of sight issues, Ive seen countless patches where this is supposedly improved but its always the same ingame...

My point is if they got rid of dks you’d still log in and having nothing to do. I’d prefer we fix the content issue first. I hate everything about dks too, from the way they’re obtained to how they’re created to how they’re skilled in to. There is absolutely nothing I like about them, but they’re nerfed enough that I can move on to better things for the time being
Its not only dks tho but AI in general thats fucked up. That means player guards, that make sieging more aids and town guards that fk up guardzone pvp (one of the few sources of random pvp left since wardecs were killed)

deathshroud

Exalted Member
I left because of terrible decisions made by some GMs and some bad decisions made by Starvault during Awakening patch and the AQ war.

besides dks, apparently you can just be a free to play and go through portals and spawn right on top of mangs and completely fuck people over with literally 0 risk because it's omost impossible to banish players in ether unless the targeting bug happens and the fact you have to stand still to cast while fighting others. an entire guild of free to plays can make it so you can waste hours trying to siege things even though they have 0 risk which is autistic.

please place a radius around mangs that makes it so you cannot portal on the mang.
dispel portal does NOT drop anymore
dispel portal only eliminates the current portal(s) in a radius
you can regain kau(mana) in ether faster than a player can in overworld

the game balance is terrible

and mounted's require 0 skill again because you hit mounts with 100% dismount axes and hit for 70-140 even though you dismount
your mount gets hit 3 times and your basically dead which is 0 fun
breeding/training should be reduced to 3hrs each, and training pets should also take less time to level

Tehmudjin

Also another thing that has been mentioned bunch of times is the lack of events the game got. In a game as Mortal where the population is very low they should do more events that really bring people to the same spot and just something that really wants you to hop on the game.

And with events I don't mean the boring Risar spawns outside Meduli once in a while. With events I mean that they should put the information about the event maybe a week in advance on the forums about what location, what loot it's gonna be etc etc..

If they do that, a bunch of people can prepare in advance and more people will attend the event. Also something that gives you excitement and something that you can look forward to. ALSO, something that will probably keep players subscribed to the game. Alot of times I cancelled my subscription because there's nothing happening in the game. No fun guild wars, no conflicts that the game once had etc. But if I knew there were big events once in a while, I would definitely still be subbed just to be a part of that.
I was obsessed with The old necromancer and demon events. It felt like a huge part of MO lore was unfolding right before my eyes and I had a chance to affect it.

These events had a legendary or epic feeling. It felt like killing The demons was important and not knowing what happened IF we failed made it feel even more meaningful.

Maybe my imagination made me experience these events as more dramatik then most players, but im sure im not The only one.

My ideal vision for Events is to participate in an ongoing conflict involving parties way bigger then mere guild wars. Like demons or an enemy nation planning an invasion and a series of events will determine how The conflict plays out.
It would be like an exciting tv series with The players as The protagonists.

Mmmmm... The potential

Speznat

There is so much broken and shit.

but the worst in my opinion is that Star vault always seems like they dont care about there game or the community if 100people tell you that that mechanic is shit than the machanic is fukcing shit. you dont need advanced knowledge to know that. if 1 write in forum than 10others thought the same but only 1 wrote it.

and many are pissed that no information go to us since months and our feedback isn't handled seroisly. I mena the FUCK if ALL USERS of your GOD DAMN forum tell you that this shit is not Balanced : "THAN THE SHIT IS NOT BALANCED" the fuck.

its just sad that everything break into pieces and such a great game goes down the drain just because stuff is not thought to the end and feedback is always ignored.

sry for the hard word i know reality can hurt but please SV open your eyes and face reality your own community want information the players that support this whole thing since a decade deserve somem respect about there feedbacks and deserve some informations what the hell you are doing know, quit all your projects and stuff stop devleoping noob island and make MO and make i great this time. the train is gone the fuck you cant compete with the steam shit developers, just fous on your thing on MO2 and take our feedback seriously this time, the players that have more than 20k hours in the game know the game better than you in any way. so listen to them THE FUCK!

they like you and they love you and the game otherwise we all wouldnt be giving you feedback that you can improve the game.
but please give atleast some attentionn to the feedback.´alone monthly dev update what are you actually doing would help.

just some lines were you say what the hell youre doing, right now in my mind you sitting on the philipines and drinking pina coladas at the beach meanwhile the whole community throws shit at you because no info no updates, no future to cling on. withotu any hope form your site the palyers base is declining each week

Last edited:

Rhias

but the worst in my opinion is that Star vault always seems like they dont care about there game or the community if 100people tell you that that mechanic is shit than the machanic is fukcing shit. you dont need advanced knowledge to know that. if 1 write in forum than 10others thought the same but only 1 wrote it.

and many are pissed that no information go to us since months and our feedback isn't handled seroisly. I mena the FUCK if ALL USERS of your GOD DAMN forum tell you that this shit is not Balanced : "THAN THE SHIT IS NOT BALANCED" the fuck.

its just sad that everything break into pieces and such a great game goes down the drain just because stuff is not thought to the end and feedback is always ignored.

sry for the hard word i know reality can hurt but please SV open your eyes and face reality your own community want information the players that support this whole thing since a decade deserve somem respect about there feedbacks and deserve some informations what the hell you are doing know, quit all your projects and stuff stop devleoping noob island and make MO and make i great this time. the train is gone the fuck you cant compete with the steam shit developers, just fous on your thing on MO2 and take our feedback seriously this time, the players that have more than 20k hours in the game know the game better than you in any way. so listen to them THE FUCK!

they like you and they love you and the game otherwise we all wouldnt be giving you feedback that you can improve the game.
but please give atleast some attentionn to the feedback.´alone monthly dev update what are you actually doing would help.

just some lines were you say what the hell youre doing, right now in my mind you sitting on the philipines and drinking pina coladas at the beach meanwhile the whole community throws shit at you because no info no updates, no future to cling on. withotu any hope form your site the palyers base is declining each week
Party Hard?

Speznat

exactly PARTY HARD!

by the way anyone can join if you want we have one more buddy to play with us.

I play other shit until SV figure out a away to communicate with us all again. and until soem major stuff is changing or mortal online 2 is coming until than see you in 10years xD

no im still her ein forums but i think they will need 10 years for mortal online 2

I just restarted playing again since I stopped in 2016. I've been playing for several months now. I do like the fact that the world is so vast and there are always new things to learn and find. It keeps me entertained which is the point of any game in my mind. I also like the complexity of cooking, crafting, fishing whereby multiple variables determine your results and you have to learn which is best for what.

Issue: Pets and NPCs should not be able to walk through walls. Risars (or anything) should not be able to kill you through the roof.
Improvement: Torches should light siege weapons aflame like incendiary arrows.

I think the potential for the player base to host their own MO server on their personal hardware should be reviewed. Similar to Rust, players should be able to start their own servers and attract a player base. Maybe this is viable after the release of MO2.

Similar to the idea of Runescape Old and Runescape New.

Charge a fee to users hosting their own servers and let them adjust the mechanics as they see fit. Whatever they are complaining about, they can fix on their personal time. There can be vanilla servers and modded servers for the users that prefer adjustments.

Users that host their own servers can control whether or not a guild has blocked a public monument and resolve that issue. Like RPK and the Great Kimuru cave. Then people (I've seen this done before) could stop teleporting up their palisade walls just to get in for a thunder egg.

Rust made it so that you can't build in front of main areas of interest like this.

I also feel that whatever happens to MO with where it is now, it shouldn't be removed and taken away from all the people that have supported it. At whatever point it gets 'retired' it should still be playable or one-time purchasable as a classic. Maybe even given to users who have\had 10 vet points or more. The game took several of my teen years to play and if I take a break again, I'd still like to pick it back up in the future if at all possible. Just like I do with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. Maybe one of us can actually find the dragon.

Thread starter #77

As you said, it would be very nice if they just simply posted monthly updates on what they are working on in game. Just to let us know they are actually working on something. That would also give us something to discuss and they would get more feedback from us before each patch.

Speznat

this is rust a really good game i have like 3k hours in it. its hardcore and have really good game design. it have also some flaws my main concern is that it dont have a sub model that means rust will die in the future some day and that smake me sad, the devleopment is really slow in my opinion but right now its actually a really good game. but the dedicated server shit grinding on my gears a big map were all palyers would be would be the ultimate rust experience. sad that they dont do that. xD

Tehmudjin

As you said, it would be very nice if they just simply posted monthly updates on what they are working on in game. Just to let us know they are actually working on something. That would also give us something to discuss and they would get more feedback from us before each patch.
They dont post an update unless they have something relativly dramatik to report. I dont think they understand The value of simply The update itself.

Having a background in service professions I must say it hurts my soul seeing customers being ignored.

Edit: maybe they are working on something super secret.

Last edited:

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
remove your ego from your butt a second please and take those feedback seriously.
Basically what you are saying is the Feedback is not valid because the video is outdated(patch). Its like if you think that we didnt play the game since years and we have no idee what we all talking about.. we clearly know more the game than all your devs team.
This has nothing to do with butts and egos...

My reply was exactly about that we've been taking the feedback seriously, and made changes that makes a two year old video not representive of those mechanics today.
So it's pretty clear that you attack anything I write, even if it's about the exact things you want us to fix, or talk about.

If you are angry with me or the rest of SV for some reason, feel free to PM us, and if you want to write something on the forums, please
do it with some constructive feedback.

Thank you.