What Time Period for MO2?

Thread starter #1
I'm curious to know what sort of time frame people are interested in assuming MO2 ever happens. Would people be interested in seeing the game continue from the timeframe we currently have, maybe slightly in the future to allow for any overlap?

Or are people interested in the game being set in the past? A time before the world was sundered by the Conflux, when the Tindremic Empire was at it's zenith? During the historical conflicts between minor nations or the attempted invasions of Nordveld?

MolagAmur

I think I would like before. Before any cities or towns...taking it way back to just camps. And maybe adopt the idea that Ashes of Creation has with players building towns. Obviously the building and siege mechanics of MO needs a clean slate. The video below is such an interesting thing and could easily be implemented in MO2 I think.

Thread starter #4
I think I would like before. Before any cities or towns...taking it way back to just camps. And maybe adopt the idea that Ashes of Creation has with players building towns. Obviously the building and siege mechanics of MO needs a clean slate. The video below is such an interesting thing and could easily be implemented in MO2 I think.

First I've heard of that game, looks awesome. I think something like that could have even worked in the current time period. They could even tie in different factions to that if players didn't want to creat their own.

I kind of like the idea of before the Conflux so I can see Tindrem restored in its entirety, with the Sunken District intact and not destroyed like it is now. Also see the extent of the Tindremic Empire and how far-reaching it was at the height of its power.

Thread starter #6
I kind of like the idea of before the Conflux so I can see Tindrem restored in its entirety, with the Sunken District intact and not destroyed like it is now. Also see the extent of the Tindremic Empire and how far-reaching it was at the height of its power.
That's sorta the mindset I had as well. It takes away a bit of the freedom of the sandbox because I imagine a lot of the open areas we have now would be part of the Tindremic Empire. So there's probably no building assets right outside Tindrems' gates, but maybe there's an opporunity to align ourselves with the empire or other historical powers. People can hide in the shadow of the Empire, or really distance themselves, maybe even try to oppose it.

Thread starter #8
On second thought, leaving Myrland behind isn't a bad idea either. Maybe create MO2 on another continent?
This is where I think Lustria has a huge advantage. If it's as outlandish as Henrik and Mats have described it, they have the potential to tap into something unique and refreshing. I'd imagine that might appeal to fans of games like Morrowind that found the locale very unique.

Crewe

Cuprum Supporter
That is a very awesome idea. I agree. It will look very nice with the UE4.

Only way see empire as something real.is people can manage it and take part. I not sure what part is better for begin Mo2 but maybe game will be good. I feel will be a good game

Last edited: