What's stopping me from coming back

Thread starter #1
So I am an old player (started just before steam)trying to come back to MO but lots changed since I played. I had 5 accounts with 4 chars on each I have lost 2 (probably hacked) both were my banks, so I lost most of my wealth(around 80k g + all crafting mats). I kept an excel sheet of what I had were for these 2 accounts but not my other accounts (to much work). So the issue I have now is it has been now 1 year since I played and I don't remember where I had what. So is there a system where I can check all the contents of my banks for each char without having to go to each city.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
No, you can't look into every bank without moving to the bank.

MolagAmur

It would be a very convenient feature to see whats in your banks in other places without having to go there. Of course you couldn't put anything in or pull anything out...

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
It would be a very convenient feature to see whats in your banks in other places without having to go there. Of course you couldn't put anything in or pull anything out...
Been asking for this since 2011 or so. The OP might be proof that even people who keep spreadsheets can't keep track of it all.

Ah, well, maybe in Mortal Online 2. Traveling far to go counting beans that you have in the banks is The Wrong Kind Of Timesink for an MMO.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Its a good convenience for sure, but considering SV I would say giving such a easy tool to hackers to know where to go for the big score instead of atleast having the nuisance of having to travel to check in order to score.(Not a big deterrent but atleast more than nothing.)

Now if cheaters was caught and dealt with in a very short amount of time this is a good quality of life change.

MolagAmur

Been asking for this since 2011 or so. The OP might be proof that even people who keep spreadsheets can't keep track of it all.

Ah, well, maybe in Mortal Online 2. Traveling far to go counting beans that you have in the banks is The Wrong Kind Of Timesink for an MMO.
I agree. There is no telling how much stuff I have deleted without knowing when rerolling a character. Then the few times I did try to go around and look at banks , I found nothing of value and wasted 2-3 hours of my life.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Its a good convenience for sure, but considering SV I would say giving such a easy tool to hackers to know where to go for the big score instead of atleast having the nuisance of having to travel to check in order to score.(Not a big deterrent but atleast more than nothing.)

Now if cheaters was caught and dealt with in a very short amount of time this is a good quality of life change.
I'm glad you mentioned this, but security for Mortal Online (any version) should be good enough that Star Vault doesn't have to build annoyance into the game to make it slightly harder for hackers (who, maybe, since they're hacking, have ways of seeing what's in every one of our banks that we don't). THAT's Ass Backwards.

If we hadn't played this insane game as it is for so long we'd immediately see how crazy that is.

I'm glad you mentioned this, but security for Mortal Online (any version) should be good enough that Star Vault doesn't have to build annoyance into the game to make it slightly harder for hackers (who, maybe, since they're hacking, have ways of seeing what's in every one of our banks that we don't). THAT's Ass Backwards.

If we hadn't played this insane game as it is for so long we'd immediately see how crazy that is.
To comment on your final word:

Every friend I have every tried to get into this game, most recently my GF (under the premise of learning about the insane nostalgia i have due to playing it for 7 years now), has not been able to play for more than an hour or two. The UI is a huge part of the why, but if they manage that, next is how clunky the movement can be and how easy it is to get stuck, and if not that, etc....

We are indeed all totally brainwashed by nostalgia when it comes to this game. The concepts are there, but most of the execution is shaky at best, and we remaining are the ones who suffered through enough to become numb to it (at least until we get mad).

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member

Thats what so many years of MO does to you. Been so long now its normal for me to consider.

SV please take a page or two from EVE Online, the MMO that has implemented this suggestion since the very beginning. They made tracking assets and every bolt and screw the player owns easily trackable. Local banking perfected.

Amelia

So I am an old player (started just before steam)trying to come back to MO but lots changed since I played. I had 5 accounts with 4 chars on each I have lost 2 (probably hacked) both were my banks, so I lost most of my wealth(around 80k g + all crafting mats). I kept an excel sheet of what I had were for these 2 accounts but not my other accounts (to much work). So the issue I have now is it has been now 1 year since I played and I don't remember where I had what. So is there a system where I can check all the contents of my banks for each char without having to go to each city.
If i remember right sv can bring back your stuff until the date of breach to today but not Before. Try to send a request.

Floky

i was able to get back my accounts yesterday now I am seeing if I have any of my stuff left
BTW I am the original poster just new name(new phone who dis)

Last edited:

Floky

ok so update I got my accounts one is completely stripped of stuff I have contacted discord waiting for him to get back with me Will check the next one tomorrow (Fingers crossed)