Your Favorite Songs v2.0

I grew up with the idea of total war. My great-grandfather, a cavalry officer of Prussian stock, renounced his loyalty to the Kaiser to be a free man in America. My grandfather was a bomber captain in WWII. His brother took a Hitler youth knife from an officer, a family heirloom. My father was a deep recon ranger in Vietnam. I gave my soul to science, but I grew up with a particular bent:

You think a philosophy, a religion, a politic will free humanity from itself? The struggle is the human condition, it will never change, which side are you on?

Last edited:
Thread starter #44

grendel

You think a philosophy, a religion, a politic will free humanity from itself? The struggle is the human condition, it will never change, which side are you on?
I do not believe that ideology or religion will ever enable humans to create a utopian golden age. Humans are morally flawed from birth. However, religion or ideology do have the power to focus and temper the human struggle in a way that allow us to be better than our flawed nature.

Edit: oh, I already posted this song once. sry. Here is another one:

Last edited:
Thread starter #45

grendel

I found this old gem among my old MO bookmarks. #WaitingforMO2

edit: I cant remember who made this awesome song, but I love it.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
edit: I cant remember who made this awesome song, but I love it.
The name of the band slipped off the tip of my tongue, I guess, and is gone. Hauntingly familiar, though.